• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hy-Gain SPT-500 Super Penetrator Question

Staybolt and AkBowtie do either of you or others on this thread have any local antenna signal reports making comparisons with the SP500 to other antennas you might have up and working at or about the same time. I'm looking to hear how this antenna compares to other CB verticals.[/QUOTE]

Honestly when i had mine up he signal report was about the same as my I maxx and my Sigma 4.

Staybolt and AkBowtie do either of you or others on this thread have any local antenna signal reports making comparisons with the SP500 to other antennas you might have up and working at or about the same time. I'm looking to hear how this antenna compares to other CB verticals.

Not any reports that you would consider Marconi, maybe this summer we will play a little and do some further comparisons if time permits.

Staybolt and AkBowtie do either of you or others on this thread have any local antenna signal reports making comparisons with the SP500 to other antennas you might have up and working at or about the same time. I'm looking to hear how this antenna compares to other CB verticals.

Marconi, did you ever have the opportunity to test one of the original Hy-Gain Super Penetrator 500 antennas?

Marconi, did you ever have the opportunity to test one of the original Hy-Gain Super Penetrator 500 antennas?

No, I never owned one, and I didn't know anybody that did. I don't think I have ever knowingly made a contact with anyone claiming to own one, local or DX.

No, I never owned one, and I didn't know anybody that did. I don't think I have ever knowingly made a contact with anyone claiming to own one, local or DX.

If I can get my hands on one would you be interested in testing it and then posting your results on the forum?

If I can get my hands on one would you be interested in testing it and then posting your results on the forum?

Thanks for the offer 194, but at my age I just can't do that kind of stuff anymore, plus there is basically no one locally left talking regular here in the Houston area of Texas any more...even in the early morning before DX starts. All of my old regular buddies are gone or are currently off the air...and there is no one to compare or test with.

I quit about a year ago, several others have died, and a couple of other's have moved. I don't even hear the younger guys between here, Austin, and San Antonio much anymore either.

Toward the end of the last no skip period, the only ones that were still talking locally were old like me. When the DX started to dominate we all pretty much stopped trying locally even at night. It has been the same with this bunch of my old CB buddies since I started two way radio back in the late 60's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the offer 194, but at my age I just can't do that kind of stuff anymore, plus there is basically no one locally left talking regular here in the Houston area of Texas any more...even in the early morning before DX starts. All of my old regular buddies are gone or are currently off the air...and there is no one to compare or test with.

I quit about a year ago, several others have died, and a couple of other's have moved. I don't even hear the younger guys between here, Austin, and San Antonio much anymore either.

Toward the end of the last no skip period, the only ones that were still talking locally were old like me. When the DX started to dominate we all pretty much stopped trying locally even at night. It has been with this bunch of my old CB buddies since I started two way radio back in the late 60's.

I understand. Thanks for the reply.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated