• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fat surrounding the beef kidney. Plus enough other to fulfill recipe.

Used biscuit pan with liners; ready to fill off to one side.

Used stock pot to cook down not too fast. Stay nearby. Time not critical as mainly just getting water out.

Been a few years now (divorced); and as that chili starts with prep two days ahead it’s work for one man; fat rendering before that, preferably), so I recommend an online source over my recollection.

Once done I allowed to cool just slightly and then poured off into cupcake type papers. THEN to cool at room temp. Then to freezer bags.

You find some ground beef on sale that’s a little lean and add some. Etc.
Use with bone broth for those recipes, BUT TASTE TEST FIRST.

Beats them nasty little chemical cubes any day. Reward is worth the effort, IMO. Enough to last many months isn’t much more work.

I had to think about the San Antonio Chili Queens making it daily. As that city is to the US Army as San Diego is to USN, those underfed recruits and the cowboys off the cattle drives went straight to the Plaza for that chili.

Long benches and tables set out. These were men for whom beef & beans already staple. So what was the magic? Flavors, both subtle and stronger, a mix. Didn’t hit all at once.

And the fat portion. Enough, but not too much. (Fat Quality will matter, but don’t get fussy).

And I thought about what was for me appetite satiation.

Went from there. The answer to, “would you like another bowl?”, must always be in the affirmative.

Then it’s good chili.

I lived in Selma right off the side of Old Austin Road. The Selma Police were familiar with me. One of my neighbors would call in on me when I was BBQing. They reported it as a brush fire. What can I say, when you are burning down a bunch of Mesquite for a bed of coals to cook a brisket and a bunch of chicken with some sausage.
I always save the fat rendered from cooking bacon. I use it for flavoring Saw Mill gravy or to caramelize onions for any number of dishes.

Selma, TX: Top Ten USA Speed Trap in the days of the 55. (Went to college in SA, but used US-281).

Funny this comes up today. Just left home this morning. Send me your contact info if you like, and I’ll send an email photo set of the 12-page 8.5x11 sheets I laid it all out upon. (A short guide to what Chile peppers included; options). Though it may be a month before I’m home again. Tried to make it a basis for any scratch type attempt.

That was the second part to being alone during some dark times.

Best smoked chicken I’ve ever had was served from Smoleks Smokehouse near Sandia at my father-in-laws funeral reception.

Other mourners a bit miffed at my enthusiasm. But days of bad February weather had turned into bright & sunny. But not too hot to wear a suit all day. I thought that Harry had not only arranged that weather, but that repast as well.

Since that day it is the chicken I try first at a BBQ joint new to me. Won’t bother to go back if they can’t get that right (given what is charged for brisket).

Last edited:
Pork. Leaf lard can be ordered online. Heritage pork. Worth it for the tool kit.

My ex is a superb baker. Once I surprised her with that there was no going back with some recipes.

I didn’t use schmaltz as much, but it also wakes up dull recipes.

To stay on topic:

I don’t understand

Vegans.

Pork. Leaf lard can be ordered online. Heritage pork. Worth it for the tool kit.

My ex is a superb baker. Once I surprised her with that there was no going back with some recipes.

I didn’t use schmaltz as much, but it also wakes up dull recipes.

To stay on topic:

I don’t understand

Vegans.
The Indians have another word for Vegans, Bad Hunter or Lazy Hunter.

The first step in smoking a chicken is brining the chicken for 12 to 24 hours. One trick I like to use is to get the brine solution just right and then add Bay leaf, Onions, and some garlic. Boil till the onions are cooked remove from the heat and when cooled put the chicken in. When cool enough put it in the fridge and let it sit until ready with the fire in the smoker. Splitting the chicken is a good if you want to speed the cooking up.
For a crispy skin when the water tray runs dry do nor refill and remove from the smoker.

Just sat here and read all 14 pages.. some good (and fun) reading here! Conversations between those who have been at each others necks in other posts a few times, civil here.. awesome.

Anyone every make a list of radios and their popular issues (drift, failures, etc?) Early pages had comments about how certain radios were cheap copies of old tech, things like that.. Basically a "Buyer's guide" to Exports - no opinions, hard provable facts on issues...

Just sat here and read all 14 pages.. some good (and fun) reading here! Conversations between those who have been at each others necks in other posts a few times, civil here.. awesome.

Anyone every make a list of radios and their popular issues (drift, failures, etc?) Early pages had comments about how certain radios were cheap copies of old tech, things like that.. Basically a "Buyer's guide" to Exports - no opinions, hard provable facts on issues...
Sounds like a job for the United Nations, or Joe Friday. Just the facts Ma'am.

Yes, there was a big Tie Fighter salvage sale, got some nice pieces that the intergalactic progressive insurance company wrote off as totals.

Year One has a new catalog out for Dark Lord space travel vehicles, can’t wait to get it in the mail and order my rebuild parts. Hope the new Mr. Fusion is available so I can convert one to time travel capable.

I’m gonna go back when I passed on that metric ton of cow manure and grab it, fly back to the present and them zoom over your house while you’re cutting grass and dump the whole load on you.

Better hire a yard boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.