• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I no longer order anything that way. I spice to suit once sampled.

The friend mentioned automatically asks for what the kitchen staff uses. They politely argue. He laughs. When it arrives, he adds Sunoco Super Blue to it.

Tallman you have one of those Tabasco holsters on your belt don't you LOL.
LC
I just fill my Camel pack.

1107301000.ashx

There is a secret to raising "HOT" peppers. Restrict the amount of water you give the plants. When they are wilting you give them enough water to perk them up and let them dry out again. Those will be the hottest peppers you have ever dared to eat.
A neighbor planted some jalapenos and watered them every day and ended up with peppers that were like Bell peppers in the Scoville scale.
The Capsaicin is the plants defense against grazing animals.

Or just live where chiltepins thrive. Only spread by bird.

Freeze and keep for eggs dishes. I don’t miss much about South Texas, but that’s up there.

Or just live where chiltepins thrive. Only spread by bird.

Freeze and keep for eggs dishes. I don’t miss much about South Texas, but that’s up there.

Do you remember those tiny little wild peppers that grow wild down there. The Hispanics called them Chilli Petine or Chilli DeMunta>

Do you remember those tiny little wild peppers that grow wild down there. The Hispanics called them Chilli Petine or Chilli DeMunta>

That’s them.

Had a comparatively large bush in the backyard of our Corpus Christi home. Wife eventually had several large mayo jars full.

And several unhappy mockingbirds to complain about it.

As the bush first looks like yet another homeowners weed down there in The Kingdom of Grasses, I would imagine there are fewer to find (in this day of hired lawn service).

Having hawks and eagles make your neighborhood a temporary home during migration also tends to make the fruit/seed eaters scarce.

Them big boys like that white breast meat a tad spicy.

Last edited:
That’s them.
My former Brother in law dropped off a full blooded Cherokee woman at my house she was only supposed to be there for two days. She had relatives in Houston and I was having trouble understanding why she was living with me.
I fixed my first ever recipe of "Neutron Chili", I put 10 of the Nuclear Peppers in 3lbs of real Texas chili. The intent was to drive her away from my house, She cried her way through two bowls. The reason it got named Neutron chili was that it smoked the folks and left the buildings standing.

Son & wife took off for Europe one Christmas. I was long-term seriously ill and couldn’t travel.

Over the next week I went through 15-batches of chili made from scratch. Didn’t butcher the cow was the base. No good = throw it out.

Found the combination of Chile peppers fresh & dried that suited. As we preferred, enough to break a forehead sweat, but with plenty of depth.

Made twelve gallons one Xmas (our dinner for the Eve thereof) and the college boys (5,6?) pretty well cleaned me out. I could really e-a-t at that age, but I still watched in amazement.

So much for stocking the freezer and making gifts of some, ha!

Frank Tolberts book still the one to read (pleasure).

Getting the local butcher to acquire and save for me the beef kidney suet turned out to be “the magic”. Rendering it down on the gas grill made me the most popular human in Dogtown (and the magic for those starving collegians).

(Hadn’t thought of this in years, pleasant memories. Starting with having shown The Reaper to the door).

Last edited:
Son & wife took off for Europe one Christmas. I was long-term seriously ill and couldn’t travel.

Over the next week I went through 15-batches of chili made from scratch. Didn’t butcher the cow was the base. No good = throw it out.

Found the combination of Chile peppers fresh & dried that suited. As we preferred, enough to break a forehead sweat, but with plenty of depth.

Made sixteen gallons one Xmas (our dinner for the Eve thereof) and the college boys (5,6?) pretty well cleaned me out. I could really e-a-t at that age, but I still watched in amazement.

So much for stocking the freezer and making gifts of some, ha!

Frank Tolberts book still the one to read (pleasure).

Getting the local butcher to acquire and save for me the beef kidney suet turned out to be “the magic”. Rendering it down on the gas grill made me the most popular human in Dogtown.

Did you just grill the piss out of them?

Reactions: Slowmover
The fat surrounding the beef kidney. Plus enough other to fulfill recipe.

Used biscuit pan with liners; ready to fill off to one side.

Used stock pot to cook down not too fast. Stay nearby. Time not critical as mainly just getting water out.

Been a few years now (divorced); and as that chili starts with prep two days ahead it’s work for one man; fat rendering before that, preferably), so I recommend an online source over my recollection.

Once done I allowed to cool just slightly and then poured off into cupcake type papers. THEN to cool at room temp. Then to freezer bags.

You find some ground beef on sale that’s a little lean and add some. Etc.
Use with bone broth for those recipes, BUT TASTE TEST FIRST.

Beats them nasty little chemical cubes any day. Reward is worth the effort, IMO. Enough to last many months isn’t much more work.

I had to think about the San Antonio Chili Queens making it daily. As that city is to the US Army as San Diego is to USN, those underfed recruits and the cowboys off the cattle drives went straight to the Plaza for that chili.

Long benches and tables set out. These were men for whom beef & beans already staple. So what was the magic? Flavors, both subtle and stronger, a mix. Didn’t hit all at once.

And the fat portion. Enough, but not too much. (Fat Quality will matter, but don’t get fussy).

And I thought about what was for me, appetite satiation.

Went from there. The answer to, “would you like another bowl?”, must always be in the affirmative.

(From yourself and especially from those whom almost never ask for a refill. Restrain growing boys . . the adults will surprise themselves at asking second & third).

Then it’s good chili.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated