• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never say that most of the teachings of the bible are bad. Are they true stories, absolutely not but that doesn't mean it cant help some people be better.

There have been many hands in the cookie jar as far as the written bible goes. You even mention "Thou shall not kill". If you go back a ways in earlier text it says "thou shall not murder". There is a major difference in the translation there. That is just one very tiny example, but there are much larger misinterpretations (although most are done on purpose).

I distinctly recall our pastor correcting jesus about his resurrection. "What he meant was PARTS of three days and three nights". Wait, what? Jesus didn't even know what he was saying, and he had to be corrected by this guy?

If a person needs religion to know he shouldn't be a bad person, I am all for it. If a person needs religion to get through their day without doing bad things, I am all for it. Different strokes...

Christianity is NOT about Religion. It's about a personal One on One relationship with JESUS CHRIST. Many people confuse the two & they are far from the same. Religion will not & can not get anyone into Heaven because it takes that One on One relationship for that & only that will get anyone there. Religion will just keep you lost & confused & headed down that highway to Hell. I will take my chances with that relationship with Him because my eternity is not worth the alternative & Salvation is FREE. I have lost nothing if by chance I may be wrong in believing His word I have lost everything if I am right & I did not take that leap of Faith. Eternity is something Man just can't really imagine but I know it's surely not worth risking for me. I'm off my band wagon & that is my 2 cents worth so spend it wisely.

SIX-SHOOTER

Christianity is NOT about Religion. It's about a personal One on One relationship with JESUS CHRIST. Many people confuse the two & they are far from the same.
What is your definition of religion? According to every definition I can find, your personal relationship with Jesus Christ is what makes it a religion. Unless I am missing something.

I hope all of this talk of murdering pixies doesn't get the thread locked.

Debate about what religion is and isn’t founders on definitions.

Christianity meets all the requirements.

But it’s MUCH easier to think of religion as being a shared world view. One that Unites.

Without that shared world view — without religion — that society is soon to fail.

A shared worldview also is NOT the details. It’s the larger framework.

We live in a Christian society. Remove that root & branch from its beginnings and America would be unrecognizable.

There’s an enemy (Capital “E” enemy) and it has a name.

Were you to set out to destroy a society (which you irredeemably hate) how would you do it? And in the long period it takes, make yourself obscenely rich

But since the topic is the welcoming committee of Amateur Radio, “being right” in the letter of the law brought grief to the Pharisees.

It is the Spirit of the Law which matters. In all endeavors. To treat others as thou wouldst be treated.

(Pontifical chapeau removed).

If you catch a leprechaun you would have a pot of gold and then trade it in to Cash For Gold and you’d have money.

They’re not really any good for RF though, the Pixies are but not the leprechauns. I think it’s their shoe buckles that cause the interference.

Reactions: 357magnum
I've got an idea, how about all the people that don't like CB/export radios stop posting in the CB/export area?

Notice how the hams are always down here slumming it, and just can't help themselves but to post their opinions on everything.

Guys, if CB radios are junk, and CB radio behavior is beneath you; there's the door!
use it.
If you actually enjoy hanging out in this area of the forum, then it's time to integrate with the existing society instead of trying to change it to suit your culture! (don't make me build a wall! LOL)
learn the language at least!

honestly do any of you really think that there is a CBer alive who doesn't already know that amateur radio equipment is designed and built to a higher standard of quality than CB radios???

Why do people insist on buying these junk boxes and paying way too much for them?
why don't you go ask your wives what they think of the amount of money you spend on ham equipment?
I have heard a few of them use the word junk before LOL.

CB radios are cool! they look cool, they have a hell of a lot of style, and they are fun to operate. they are also fun to open up and play with.
If i get a crazy idea of a mod i want to try, i can pick up an old junker and hack at it to my hearts content, and only be out two digits worth of money.
I don't do it because im trying to turn my CB into a ham radio, i do it because IT'S FUN!!!

now, if a new member posts here asking why they can't talk across the country whenever they want, even though they have a brand new 98VHP, THEN is the time to chime in with the benefits of the ham hobby.

otherwise, ask yourself why you are even here reading this post.

Everyone on this forum knows that the CB/Export section is the heartbeat of the forum and the place where all the fun/drama happens.
If you are constantly down here reading and posting, guess what! you're a CBer!

Some of you really need to admit to yourselves how bored you are with ham radio.

Oh, and CK, again i will ask you to please stop trying to parent everyone as if you being fed up with a subject is what makes a thread lock-worthy.
you obviously don't like CB radio much, and while you seem like a good dude, you don't seem to have much fun down here.

if anyone else had de-railed this thread the way you did, you would have torn them a new one.
LC

I've got an idea, how about all the people that don't like CB/export radios stop posting in the CB/export area?

Worms...big can of worms

Notice how the hams are always down here slumming it, and just can't help themselves but to post their opinions on everything.

More worms, haha

Guys, if CB radios are junk, and CB radio behavior is beneath you; there's the door!
use it.
If you actually enjoy hanging out in this area of the forum, then it's time to integrate with the existing society instead of trying to change it to suit your culture! (don't make me build a wall! LOL)

Good point

honestly do any of you really think that there is a CBer alive who doesn't already know that amateur radio equipment is designed and built to a higher standard of quality than CB radios???

Trick question, ain’t it? Yes, I can think of a few

Why do people insist on buying these junk boxes and paying way too much for them?
why don't you go ask your wives what they think of the amount of money you spend on ham equipment?

When I said “756 Pro 3”, that was all it took. Couch time.

CB radios are cool! they look cool, they have a hell of a lot of style, and they are fun to operate. they are also fun to open up and play with.
If i get a crazy idea of a mod i want to try, i can pick up an old junker and hack at it to my hearts content, and only be out two digits worth of money.
I don't do it because im trying to turn my CB into a ham radio, i do it because IT'S FUN!!!

My name Jeff!!! NPC is fun.

now, if a new member posts here asking why they can't talk across the country whenever they want, even though they have a brand new 98VHP, THEN is the time to chime in with the benefits of the ham hobby.

Praise be to the Yaesu & Icom Gods...

Cause you’re my hero, Ferris Bueller

Everyone on this forum knows that the CB/Export section is the heartbeat of the forum and the place where all the fun/drama happens.

Drama gets me into more drama but yes, fun.

Some of you really need to admit to yourselves how bored you are with ham radio.

Haven’t got started well enough to get bored yet. Yet.

Oh, and CK, again i will ask you to please stop trying to parent everyone as if you being fed up with a subject is what makes a thread lock-worthy.
you obviously don't like CB radio much, and while you seem like a good dude, you don't seem to have much fun down here.

I ain’t touching that with a 100ft pole. You is my dawg but you is also on your own here!

if anyone else had de-railed this thread the way you did, you would have torn them a new one.
LC

I just saw the last sentence. I wasn’t here, I never replied, you’re just imagining you’re reading a Porkchop post...this doesn’t exist.

use it.

LC
I have never denied being a CB'er. I have been a CB'er for fifty years and a ham for only five years. I have a few of the "Export Radios" and prefer the higher quality of my ham radios.

Living in the limelight. The universal dream for those who wish to see.
Those who wish to be must put aside the animation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying dream - Neil Peart

just to keep things somewhat on track, i also own a ham radio, and enjoy its capabilities.
however, it is nowhere near as fun to look at, or talk on as my madison.

when i talk SSB on the Icom, i get flowers. when i talk SSB on the madison i also get flowers, but i can also switch right over to AM and fit right in with the channel 28 crowd.

oh, and for the people who think i'm just some ham hatin' hick; i am going to get re-licensed this year, and i will be going to Dayton.
I think my days of being cool are numbered LOL...
LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.