• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christianity is NOT about Religion. It's about a personal One on One relationship with JESUS CHRIST.
SIX-SHOOTER

You should see the movie Stigmata. That is exactly what the banned gospels of JESUS CHRIST tell you. The Popes of ancient times took all of these gospels and sequestered them in the Vatican. The gospels take the power away from the church.
I do not live in the mansions of gold......

Reactions: W4KVW
Caution! road ends in lake.
5484-1542241240-f5d373decc059199ae8ea28ea5a4caa3.gif

First off most guys here either currently or at one time have enjoyed BOTH radio services so therefore most hams have every right to be in either section of the forum.

Secondly I am one of those I just mentioned above. I was on 11m for almost 20 years, not so much on the regular channels as at the time there were just too many kids and idiots on there around here. Yes I gave 11m up a long time ago but that does not mean I despise it or the operators.......just the damned idiots that are on the air but that also includes those on the ham bands too. In fact I still have an RCI 2950DX which has been modded for 11m as well and although untouched for several years it IS going into the truck this summer for a road trip to Newfoundland.......along with my Icom 2m radio. Yes THAT is how much I despise 11m. LOL

I only shut down threads when the subject has veered SOOO far from the topic that the content is COMPLETELY irrelevant or when things get out of hand with bickering and crap. Whether or not I like a subject has no bearing. There are a shitload of topics here I have no interest in but simply skim over to make sure things are still civil.

As for derailing the thread.....well it was Oldtech3 that asked for an autographed version of the Bible and I simply responded to it, maybe in a manner that some people did not like but that's life, so I guess HE derailed the thread. Please note that I have not shut it down yet so I must have some tolerance.

Well, you got me there! In the future, I will give more thought as to not responding in a way that may invite someone to respond in a way that I might respond to in a way that will cause me to be the reason why somebody responded in a way that caused me to derail the subject. Hope you can all follow that it was not intended to be followed but there are some here that have brains that work in mysterious ways, so there I'm done.
Oh, wait there was no ill will intended to offend you CK with suggesting you may be old or something with the autograph bible thing it was not meant as a slam. I think I may be significantly older and never thought it may be hurting anyone by inserting an age joke my intentions were innocent of any such idea.

Oldtech03

Caution! road ends in lake.
5484-1542241240-f5d373decc059199ae8ea28ea5a4caa3.gif

My internal GPS is most likely in need of updated maps it often takes me off subject and in directions, Many think I should not go as well as in ways I could never have imagined I'm guilty of often taking a path my internal GPS warns me no to take. But, I never ask for permission....So I most likely should not expect forgiveness I can live with that and whatever direction it takes me.

Well, you got me there! In the future, I will give more thought as to not responding in a way that may invite someone to respond in a way that I might respond to in a way that will cause me to be the reason why somebody responded in a way that caused me to derail the subject. Hope you can all follow that it was not intended to be followed but there are some here that have brains that work in mysterious ways, so there I'm done.
Oh, wait there was no ill will intended to offend you CK with suggesting you may be old or something with the autograph bible thing it was not meant as a slam. I think I may be significantly older and never thought it may be hurting anyone by inserting an age joke my intentions were innocent of any such idea.

Oldtech03

LOL You did not offend me in any way my good man. It's all good. I'm the one that said I have been around forever. Today really feels like it with some things flaring up but that what happens with age. I'm not really THAT old but sure feel much older some days and today is one of them. I was going to take tomorrow off wirk but it is my last day this rotation and we got some of tomorrow's work done today so it should be a good day to coast through it.

Reactions: 357magnum
Mepps has always been my " Go To " for Ultra Light Trout fishing , many of them, every color , but I preferred small black ones . But I don't do much Trout fishing any longer , now Tuna off-shore . I went to be able to put 12 Mepps in a small box , to Teaser's & lures that 1 won't fit in a 4' bag & a twisted up PIA you can't get back in the bag by the time your done !:whistle::ROFLMAO:

Mepps has always been my " Go To " for Ultra Light Trout fishing , many of them, every color , but I preferred small black ones . But I don't do much Trout fishing any longer , now Tuna off-shore . I went to be able to put 12 Mepps in a small box , to Teaser's & lures that 1 won't fit in a 4' bag & a twisted up PIA you can't get back in the bag by the time your done !:whistle::ROFLMAO:
Mepps, and Live bate. Some time I Eat it LOL

Reactions: Riverman
I like using live night crawlers rigged Texas style with no weights for bass.
You want that worm to fall as slow as possible and watch that line as it falls.
Eastman lake has a 22 inch minimum length for big mouth.
These fish have seen every crank bait, hulla popper and spin bait created by the time they get that big so you have to throw something new at them.
Trout I have always had good luck with Roster tails.
Stripers on the west side of the valley hit white hair raisers hard in the spring on the Aquaduct. Take a big reel and don't try to manhandle them.....

Jeff

The gold kastmaster is where it's at. I've caught most everything available except a paddlefish.
Paddle fish are caught by snagging. They are filter feeders meaning they have a baleen type membrane and feed as them swim. You really could not mouth hook one intentionally. In the early evening you can see them "Tailing", swimming just below the surface and the fin on back is sticking out of the water and the tail is visible and looks very much a shark.

Paddle fish are caught by snagging. They are filter feeders meaning they have a baleen type membrane and feed as them swim. You really could not mouth hook one intentionally. In the early evening you can see them "Tailing", swimming just below the surface and the fin on back is sticking out of the water and the tail is visible and looks very much a shark.
Lol, that was my point. I bet if I hammered a kastmaster out of one of my many worn out golden screwdrivers, I'd probably get a mouth hook on a record paddlefish in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.