• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I got my callsign!!

BIONIC_TEXAN88

Aug 1, 2005
TEXAS PINEYWOODS
after checking a thousand times on the fcc website last night, I checked this morning thinking I would still not have it. Low and behold it was there, now I am not by a radio to finally get on the air. I am gonna have to wait until this evening, its gonna be a long day!!!

go to qrz.com or wait for your upgraded licence to come in the mail. you could fumble with the fcc's website but its usally a last resort as its terriable. there is a lot of licence requests right now. i rember seeing that there is usually about 350 test sessions per year (across the us) there will be over 460 in the 30 days following the element 1 no longer being a requirement. it might take a few days longer. if you are upgrading you dont need to wait to transmit with your new privlages. just use your call sign with a /AG for amature general or /AE for amature extra.

i use KC0WRG/AG untill mines updated.

To the moderator that deleted my post:

At least pass the message along to the person that I intended it for. To the rest of the board:

I posted a warning to a particular member that included his Ham call in a post. The warning was that, once someone has your call, your name and address are public knowledge. Be careful where you post your call. I then included his home town to demonstrate how public it was.

Be careful where you post your call.

Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.