• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Hate This New Site!!!

I'm on my phone now and it acts different than on my laptop. It's not an issue, it's just different.

EDIT___
It appears that clicking on the date under the thread title takes you to the first post, and the date under the last posters name takes you to the last post regardless if it's "new" or "recent activity". On my phone it only shows the last post timestamp .... it's all good.

Last edited:
Go to "recent activity" and try it.

If you're clicking on the "Recent Activity" underneath the dxMembers list, that is to see all of the latest activity for each member. It is not to see the latest posts on the site. Use the "New Posts" button or link

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
How is it worse?
Avatars are cloudy/major loss of resolution for some reason. Software/repairable?
Layout is very different. Can't say that it is better at all. New ads take up 1/5 of the whole page or more. Would have thought that a layout closer to the original forum would have been in order. Pretty big deal - IMO.
Logo is OK; much too small though. 100% larger might not be enough too. Fixable.
Background is what really sux IMO. Just waaaay, way too dark; puts ya to sleep. Ho-hum.

Are you using a really small monitor? I don't see most of what you're referring to and I have tried the site on about 10 different devices: PC's, Macs, Tablets of all kinds, phones, you name it. I'm also wondering if you have your browser set to a zoom level that is less than 100%? I could envision that causing something like what you're seeing.

EDIT: I just looked at your attached print screen from the old site. You ARE using either a small zoom level or small web fonts, overriding the site settings. It's obvious to me by what I see in that pic. Try setting your text size to "normal" and your zoom to 100% and tell us what you see here.

Regarding the background: The intention was to make the content stand out. All of the thread and message windows are bright, with the background around the sides the only thing that is dark.

I'm not sure what is going on with the guys that say things are loading slower, unless you happened to have been using the site when I was making changes. Everything here is waaaaay faster than before.

Reactions: TonyV225
If you're clicking on the "Recent Activity" underneath the dxMembers list, that is to see all of the latest activity for each member. It is not to see the latest posts on the site. Use the "New Posts" button or link
When you click new posts and there are none, you get the option of recent activity ..... similar to today's posts.

FYI: There is a "Go To First Unread" button at the top of each thread. Takes you right to where you left off if you clicked on the thread title instead of the last edit date/time.

When you click new posts and there are none, you get the option of recent activity ..... similar to today's posts.

When I click "New Posts", the link I see to the top/right is "Recent Posts". If I click any thread listed, it takes me right to the post by the user listed. Is that not what it is doing for you?

I see what you're talking about now - I saw the link you're referring to after I "marked all posts as read". When I went back, there were no new posts, so it gives an option to see "recent posts", which takes you to the beginning of the thread. That's just the way the software works. There are a lot of other options you can use to always go to the last post if that's what you want to do.

I can't find the DX cluster 3
the chat popup doesn't work for me 3

DX Cluster needs to be recoded. If there is demand for it, I'll do it but it didn't seem to get much usage

Chat Popup: make sure you allow popus from this site with your browser. A popup blocker will kill it

I see what you're talking about now - I saw the link you're referring to after I "marked all posts as read". When I went back, there were no new posts, so it gives an option to see "recent posts", which takes you to the beginning of the thread. That's just the way the software works. There are a lot of other options you can use to always go to the last post if that's what you want to do.
Meh, if you scroll back up I'm good with it. Several ways to skin that cat, it's just different is all. No complaints here with speed either.

OK, it's only 3 thumbs down now. I now see that the upgrade really targets the mobile experience, which I agree is better. The desktop/laptop experience has taken a step backwards.

The sluggish performance issue definitely needs some attention. I sense a little stuttering on the mobile but not as bad as the desktop.

Reactions: Marconi
FYI: There is a "Go To First Unread" button at the top of each thread. Takes you right to where you left off if you clicked on the thread title instead of the last edit date/time.
LOL, I clicked "like" for this post and went to look and then couldn't find the button.

I'll figure it out, these are simply user issues.

Are you using a really small monitor? I don't see most of what you're referring to and I have tried the site on about 10 different devices: PC's, Macs, Tablets of all kinds, phones, you name it. I'm also wondering if you have your browser set to a zoom level that is less than 100%? I could envision that causing something like what you're seeing.

EDIT: I just looked at your attached print screen from the old site. You ARE using either a small zoom level or small web fonts, overriding the site settings. It's obvious to me by what I see in that pic. Try setting your text size to "normal" and your zoom to 100% and tell us what you see here.

Regarding the background: The intention was to make the content stand out. All of the thread and message windows are bright, with the background around the sides the only thing that is dark.
No; a 24 in monitor MOF. Have changed NO settings when this site arrived, and the resolution is poor. So, it is the new software. The old site used the same settings I am using now.

Maximizing phone performance in deference to PC users is only one point. The overall layout and background really bites if one is a PC only user. Aren't there enough PC only users to be considered any more? Quite sure that isn't so. I remember a few years ago, you changed the forum to a newer vBulletin software, and it had issues that made it unusable as I recall. But the lack of settings in the new software has made it impossible to bring some semblance of the previous software back. Is that where this is all going?

Reactions: Once Bitten

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.