• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Hate This New Site!!!

I can't and won't speak for others,..... but, it's clear that that forum powers that be are not even listening. "new" is not always "better".

QRZ doesn't seem to have issues with their "old" format.

I used to check in here at least once every day, this is the first time I have been here in around 2 weeks.

dit dit
I HAVE TO AGREE !

What, specifically is it that most hate about the new format? Is is just the main forum listing being in columns and not in rows like every other forum site?

And BTW, you probably have very little insight into what "issues" that QRZ has with their forum site unless you are a moderator over there or personally know the owner. As I happen to know one of their moderators, I have some first hand information on the subject...

Two things are lingering. I noticed that half the time, the "New Posts" link is not there. The whole nav bar is suppressed sometimes. It just seems harder to find things still, like this thread. I had to use the search. The search worked fine, but I had to use it. The new posts list missing things is hanging me up. Sometimes when I click threads, I end up somewhere in the middle, or usually it's the end, and I have to navigate backwards until I find the spot where I really left off. The main secondary navigation scrolls off the page, and it is missing a crumb sometimes (dxForum). Some of that is for XenFro to fix.

Just feeding back some info, but the site works just fine for me. Thanks

Reactions: binrat
Two things are lingering. I noticed that half the time, the "New Posts" link is not there. The whole nav bar is suppressed sometimes. It just seems harder to find things still, like this thread. I had to use the search. The search worked fine, but I had to use it. The new posts list missing things is hanging me up.
The nav bar is "suppressed" when you're actually on a thread/post because the part of the Nav bar that you're not seeing has to do with the forum as a whole, not the thread you are reading.

Hit your back button to return to the forum index or "new posts" page and you'll see the full nav bar again.

That's not the point, and besides the dxForums and other links on top are still available and seem just as forum related as the ones that disappear . Why replace these useful links with empty black? I know that is probably a ZenFro thing.

BTW, they disappear when you are looking at a forum view as well (or subforum). Also, if I click one of the forums, like the general discussion forum, the anchor is moved under the top nav banner, so you can't see the first forum in the list.

I know how to fix that too, scroll up (or down).

I'm sure these nuances just need feed back to ZenFro and hope they fix it.

I think where we are now, the forum seems up and running, so the only thing left is the core design.

That's not the point, and besides the dxForums and other links on top are still available and seem just as forum related as the ones that disappear . Why replace these useful links with empty black? I know that is probably a ZenFro thing.

BTW, they disappear when you are looking at a forum view as well (or subforum). Also, if I click one of the forums, like the general discussion forum, the anchor is moved under the top nav banner, so you can't see the first forum in the list.

I know how to fix that too, scroll up (or down).

I'm sure these nuances just need feed back to ZenFro and hope they fix it.

I think where we are now, the forum seems up and running, so the only thing left is the core design.

Wow, that one took me a while to figure out, but I do believe I finally fixed it. Click around and see if the submenu links show up now instead of just the empty black bar while browsing a forum or thread.

Sometimes when I click threads, I end up somewhere in the middle, or usually it's the end,

The system tries to take you to the first unread post. If you read the whole thread, it takes you to the end. The thing that gets tricky is sometimes what it thinks is the first unread post basted on where you scrolled last time in that thread isn't really how far you read, so....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated