• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Hate This New Site!!!

Klondike Mike

May 31, 2010
Alberta, Canada
tinyurl.com
There, I said it ... let the floodgates open. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I know what change is all about. I work in IT and I do it to users everyday. This is not a good change. Who's benefiting here? As a "user", there are no benefits. Finding information is more difficult and sluggish performance make for a bad experience. As an example, Transmission1 in the UK did a recent upgrade. That one works. This one does not. 5 thumbs down.

Last edited:

I'll admit that it was a real big, sudden change.
We knew it was coming; but we did not know how much change was coming.

In some ways it is better; in some ways worse. Not thrilled about it; but I also realize that it took a lot of work and even more adjustments once it was online. Mole and the Admins have been working on it, and it is still a work in progress.

I knew that to be fair, I should wait and see if I could adjust to it. Must admit that since last Saturday, it has been a mixed bag.

How is it better?
The chat window works quite nicely. Think part of the change was due to the fact that the new software is more phone-friendly. The new software is supposed to load and work faster.

How is it worse?
Avatars are cloudy/major loss of resolution for some reason. Software/repairable?
Layout is very different. Can't say that it is better at all. New ads take up 1/5 of the whole page or more. Would have thought that a layout closer to the original forum would have been in order. Pretty big deal - IMO.
Logo is OK; much too small though. 100% larger might not be enough too. Fixable.
Background is what really sux IMO. Just waaaay, way too dark; puts ya to sleep. Ho-hum.
Between the layout and and the skin, they both put me off from posting in a big way. Call it a psychological impact of sorts; who knows? But it has a very negative effect. Good thing that I saved the original forum front page in HTML format. That was the good ol' days . . .

I'm behind and have been behind Mole and the Admins 100%, and will continue to be so.

Attachments

• wwrf.PNG
    wwrf.PNG
    81.5 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Well one this is 100% sure and that is with ANY change you will NEVER please all the people and some will complain simply about things changing. A few have said it is slower however I have not seen anything run slower.I have a very basic ADSL line with two teenaged gamer bandwidth hogs upstairs. As for layout, well the reply/post field is basically the same and sure some things require you to have a second look but so does buying a new car. Things are different and not necessarily any worse.....just different. Most things will become familiar with a bit of use. I personally did not care for it that much but after making a bunch of posts and seeing how things work I don't mind it at all. One thing I really do like is that when you click on a thread it automatically takes you to the last post read and not the top of the first page. Some things are still being peaked and adjusted as it is impossible to jump into this degree of change and have everything perfect.I think that after people become more used to the new site they will come to realize it has more benefits than pitfalls.

Reactions: w9cll
I think as with any change once some time goes by and people get used to it, it will seem more natural. I'm not comfy with it either right now. That's the nature of "new".

One thing I really do like is that when you click on a thread it automatically takes you to the last post read and not the top of the first page.
Funny thing about that, the old site had a button to take you to the last post and this one does not. If the post is unread, it takes you to the last post but only to the first post if it's read. The old site gave you the ability to do either.

Reactions: Marconi
0 to 10 scale
chat room 9
edit tools in the reply window 9
"ignore" function works in all forum sub areas 9

dislikes:
it does seem to load pages slower 3
I can't find the DX cluster 3
the chat popup doesn't work for me 3
couldn't use my old forum avatar (too big?) 3

bottom line,.... it seems to be a push/pull, I'm sure the dislikes will be worked on

Funny thing about that, the old site had a button to take you to the last post and this one does not. If the post is unread, it takes you to the last post but only to the first post if it's read. The old site gave you the ability to do either.

And on the old site if people simply jumped to the last post and commented on it then they missed a lot of posts and often made posts that were either off base or simply stated exactly what someone else said three posts before or completely contradicted something because they missed a piece of pertinent info. At least this way you pick up where you left off.

And on the old site if people simply jumped to the last post and commented on it then they missed a lot of posts and often made posts that were either off base or simply stated exactly what someone else said three posts before or completely contradicted something because they missed a piece of pertinent info. At least this way you pick up where you left off.
I never did that :whistle:

Reactions: mb91w126
My biggest problem is the color scheme. It's much to harsh on my eyes. Need to be able to customize color scheme somehow. It's much to dark and depressing. The color is even worse on my phone.

Reactions: Marconi
should I say?
click the date.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.