• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Miss....

Back then, in a smallish town (about 10k) it was nothing to see kids walking up and down Main st. with their rifles headed for their "secret" shooting spot in the woods. That'd never happen in today's world.

I keep threatening to do that with my Ruger 22LR precision rimfire rifle. It is black and looks scary to the uneducated especially with the bipod and red dot sight on it. No law says I cannot do that. Might wait until rabbit season is open however and see how long it takes for someone to call the cops on me at which point I can present them with all my legal paperwork etc. :giggle:

Constitutional Law and Bill of Rights. When Precedence was not contorted foundation of new laws; not passed by Congress.
When amoral acts and lewdness remained regarded as such. Having no place in public broadcasting.
When hate speech was still protected. I don't advocate such speech, just the right to do so; without threat of prison for simply thinking against the foul winds.

WWDX before pop-up tabs/advertising.

This thread reminds me of going to my barber shop...nothing buy gray hair on the floor...what little hair I have left...I miss my hair.
We all miss most of the above, not to mention real service stations, Route 66, common courtesy.
Oh, and I forgot about mini skirts, or just women that dress like women.

Didn't they used to make glassware in Steubenville as well.
Steuben glass was made in Corning, NY.

Thanks for the correction. There were so many in Ohio, I thought Steuben might have been one. I see they. Steuben, were named after the county of Steuben, NY.
We have collected Heisey, Federal, Fostoria depression era glass for some time. All made with quality you don't see today.
I don't think I was of an age where I saw the free dishware and kitchenware given away at grocery stores, but did see a few toasters and small appliances giveaways at banks.
There was a time when companies gave away things with their name on them for advertising. In today's world, you have to pay to advertise for someone. We sure have turned around.

I think what he was referring too was just north of Steubenville OH is the town of Pottery Addition. I do not recall the company names, but I was told the area was known for glassware. Also, a Corning Plant was south of Pittsburgh and Brockway Glass and Duncan Miller Glass was in Washington, PA. It was interesting when I was younger everyone that worked at Corning brought their work home with them.

I think what he was referring too was just north of Steubenville OH is the town of Pottery Addition. I do not recall the company names, but I was told the area was known for glassware. Also, a Corning Plant was south of Pittsburgh and Brockway Glass and Duncan Miller Glass was in Washington, PA. It was interesting when I was younger everyone that worked at Corning brought their work home with them.

Ah, I understand. Corning, NY is only a few miles from here. Corning Glass headquarters are here, as well as their research department and a cellular-ceramic substrate plant. Many people in this area have worked for Corning over the years. It's the biggest industry in this area, but used to employ a lot more people than it does now. They got out of the dishware business years ago and closed two of the foundries and sold the third.

Reactions: secret squirrel
Yea, You go over a friends house for dinner and everyone has the white cookware with the blue stencils.
Right. Everyone around here back in the fifties and sixties also had the white dishes with the outer colored edge. I think blue was the most popular, but they also had green, yellow, and red. Everyone also had the Peyrex cookware. There was a Corning kitchenware store in downtown Corning.

Reactions: secret squirrel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated