• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Sure Hate Doing A New Installation.......

Yeah well you guys have far more diesels over there than we do unfortunately.Toyota was rumored to be coming out with a diesel Tundra but so far that seems to be just that....a rumor. The trailer is not the ONLY reason for the truck mind you but I needed more power than the 3.0 liter V6 I had. One place we go is REAL steep and the 3.0 liter V6 just would not cut it very well at all. if I had to stop I don`t think I would have been able to start away again. With this truck it`s a piece of cake. It has just over 400 ft.lbs of torque and 381 hp. Basically I needed something with more power, lots of legroom for two big teenaged boys, and able to go to the building supplies dealer and pick up what I wanted when I wanted versus waiting for them to deliver it. I also wanted 4WD because of the snow here and something that was a bit stylish. While I was standing on the lot finally rejecting the FJ Cruiser the wife was motioning me to take a look at the truck. Yup....she wanted me to buy it. That was another reason for getting it. I had her blessing 100%. She fell in love with it at first sight. :love: Too bad it was the most expensive truck they had on their lot.:eek:In fact it was the only one on the lot without a price on it. Oh well it`s only money right? :confused:

Man you had the wife's blessing that is not easy to come by! I would have chose that over the FJ as well lol. They are very nice trucks, I sure Do miss my Tacoma! Toyota makes one heck of a truck!

I had a Land Cruiser years ago an the new FJ kind of grew on me also . But you need to get something to suit your needs an your not putting a sheet of plywood in the back of an FJ !lol

I was looking at the Toyota Tacoma and Tundra but their prices were obscene. Mine was $27,500 out the door with a 7 yr/100,000 mile Ford premium care warranty and no deductible.
I never even considered a truck from Government Motors!
Buying a new vehicle is one of the worst financial decisions one can make but I do have disposable income and they had the one I bought sitting out in front of the dealership. ............that was unfair.
Filling a 26 gallon fuel tank is traumatic to me but I only drive 200 miles a week, if that.
I find it hard to believe that a Ford dealer would have vehicles on the used car lot with over 150,000 miles on them and some trucks had 200,000 - 300,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!! I guess the policy of sending high mileage vehicles to auction is a thing of the past.

Capt, the wife is a keeper.
Mine, her truck is a 3500 GMC Sierra with the Duramax diesel, tuned with cold air intake and turbo back 5" exhaust. Over 500,000 heavy pulling with it. I got the girlie truck which is the 1500.
I too have heard about a Tundra diesel. If it was out, it would be my mobile station.

Filling a 26 gallon fuel tank is traumatic to me but I only drive 200 miles a week, if that.

I have the 36 gallon tank "gulp", but I only drive about 60 miles a week and that includes work and side trips. I'm still running on the tank from the dealer fill up when I picked her up...:D You got a good deal on the truck. Ford does have some sweet incentive money right now. My employer is a Ford Partner so I was able to get X-plan pricing plus the incentives which amounted to $11k off the msrp. It was the first time I ever drove away from a car dealer without the feeling that maybe I could have gotten a better deal.

Man you had the wife's blessing that is not easy to come by! I would have chose that over the FJ as well lol. They are very nice trucks, I sure Do miss my Tacoma! Toyota makes one heck of a truck!

This is the first Toyota I ever owned but i have heard good things about them. The wife was impressed with it so much that last year she got rid of her KIA Rhondo the week after making the last payment and bought a 2013 RAV4. She said there is no comparison.

Reactions: binrat
I was looking at the Toyota Tacoma and Tundra but their prices were obscene. Mine was $27,500 out the door with a 7 yr/100,000 mile Ford premium care warranty and no deductible.
I never even considered a truck from Government Motors!
Buying a new vehicle is one of the worst financial decisions one can make but I do have disposable income and they had the one I bought sitting out in front of the dealership. ............that was unfair.
I find it hard to believe that a Ford dealer would have vehicles on the used car lot with over 150,000 miles on them and some trucks had 200,000 - 300,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!! I guess the policy of sending high mileage vehicles to auction is a thing of the past.

Tell me about the prices. :( I trust that yours is not 4WD? I would not have bought my truck had it not been for the year-ender special of $8000 off the price. If you think prices are bad down there you should try up here. $46,300 + $2200 for a 7 yr/120,000 Km extended warranty + a whopping 15% sales tax to get it off the lot and that was two years ago. The top of the line model now tops out at $54,400 + tax for the 1794 Platinum edition with basic warranty. :eek:

Surprised at the 3L V6 not cutting it on steep hills. One near me is a 25% gradient and if you have a 3L V6 car here you're overtaking most stuff. Same with my Mondeo - it'll quite happily accelerate up it 60+MPH.

Mind you, can't really carry building materials in the Mondeo and as you said its only money and you can't take it with you when you shuffle off this earth.

The 3.0L V6 was was in a 2005 Ford Escape which was plenty by itself but the towing limit was only 3500 pounds. Throw 3300 pounds behind it and three more adults in the vehicle and it sucked on the really steep hills. This is with an automatic transmission too mind you.The 200 bhp made only 193 ft. lbs of torque at 4850 rpm.Most vehicles here are not available with manual transmissions with certain upgrade packages and all higher end vehicles do not even offer a manual as an option. My Tundra has a towing limit of 10,000 pounds and with the 400+ ft. lbs. of torque I only know it's behind me when I look in the mirrors. :) I see your Mondeo has a towing limit of 2000 Kg or about 4400 pounds which clearly shows the advantage of the diesel over the gas engines. Hopefully Toyota will have a diesel option for the Tundra when it comes time for me to trade in.....they have plenty of time. :LOL:

Toyota sure is proud of their trucks but I had 275,000 on my last F150 before a drunky drunk tore the front end off of it. He blew a .32 on the breathalyzer and blamed me for being at the end of my driveway.
I would be too scared to pay big money for another vehicle which can be destroyed at any time by a fast and furious wannabe.

They are indeed proud but after talking to several owners and seeing how little maintenance they had to do I felt better. One local auto mechanic who is actually a Dodge man said he has seen the Toyotas with crazy miles and still have tight frontends and good suspensions.The brakes seem to last a looong time as well. Time will tell I guess. I may still be pleased or I may never buy another one. So far so good as after two full years I have yet to have so much as a rattle or squeak and the brakes have never squealed yet.

Tell me about the prices. :( I trust that yours is not 4WD? I would not have bought my truck had it not been for the year-ender special of $8000 off the price. If you think prices are bad down there you should try up here. $46,300 + $2200 for a 7 yr/120,000 Km extended warranty + a whopping 15% sales tax to get it off the lot and that was two years ago. The top of the line model now tops out at $54,400 + tax for the 1794 Platinum edition with basic warranty. :eek:
Dang, I've bought one yota, a Tacoma and they wouldn't negotiate hardly at all., so I bought it anyway.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated