• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-7200 MARS Mod Needed

CollinsMan

Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Florence Mississippi
I picked up an IC-7200 the other day, and I'm very happy with it. However, I need to open it up so I can use it with my Ten Tec 2 meter transverter which requires me to go to 32 Mc to cover the whole 2 meter band. Being I like to run 2 meter AM on 146.520, this is important to me.

None of the mods I've found on the internet seem to apply to my new production unit. For example, D49 which some have mentioned as needing to be removed for opening up the TX is already gone.

Does anyone have any information on what mod is needed for these new production IC 7200s? I'd sure appreciate it if you would let me know if you do!

Thanks and 73

Steve

I'm not sure my friend. I noticed it when I went past the band edge of 20 metres with no tone or anything. So I dialed to cb land and she transmitted. I only had it for maybe 6 weeks before I got rid of it.

I'm not sure my friend. I noticed it when I went past the band edge of 20 metres with no tone or anything. So I dialed to cb land and she transmitted. I only had it for maybe 6 weeks before I got rid of it.

I see.
Any reason in particular you didn't like the radio?
I like mine, but it's the only hf rig I've ever owned, so nothing to compare it to.

Great radio, a tad bit heavy and big for HF mobile. Only reason for getting rid of it. I traded it for an IC-7000 with tuner. That move free'd up space in my pick up. 2 radios down to one.

If your not feeling the mojo to do the mars mod you can always change the crystal in the transverter. Assuming it's the same Ten Tec kit I put together you can, or used to be able to, order a crystal from Jan Crystal to lower the input freq of the transverter to get the full 2 meter band coverage.

Thanks! I just picked up a used 7200 that was part of a complete station. I bought a new one when they first came out. I sorta missed it, so when this deal came along I jumped on it, I never clipped that one. I'll probably clip this one this winter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated