• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'm confused

Hogs, huh?

A genuine battle rifle, with minute-of-man capability might be the ticket.

The old saying was that:

— the Germans built a hunting rifle
(K98 Mauser)

— the Americans built a target rifle
(Springfield 1903-A3)

— But the British built a battle rifle
(Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk. 1)

The last version was:

Ishapore 2A1 Enfield
(7.62x51 NATO)
1963-1975

View attachment 37279

10-12 round magazine.
Optimal was 145-gr cartridge.
(7.62x51 M80 FMJ boat-tail)

Now, to meat on the bone

View attachment 37280

A pig sticker

44” rifle plus 15” bayonet and arm extension equals about a 6’ spear to poke “dead things” (one chambered and trigger finger ready).

1). Despite the spray-and-pray advocates with their poodle-shooters, 7.62 eliminates cover.

What? They’re gonna call in artillery, air strikes or lob mortar rounds? Get ‘er dun is to run what ya brung.

2). Downrange energy-transfer is unquestioned versus 5.56.

3). Planetary 7.62/.308 availability is high unlike 30.06. Receiver is up to commercial .308 (antique Springfield’s and Garands aren’t up to today’s commercial 30.06)

4). Closed action keeps reliability highest. (unlike Garand or M14). Cocks on close.

5). Aimed fire isn’t faster with blowback-operated to justify latter (except where pallets of rounds are deliverable). The aimed-fire record is something like 28-rounds per minute.

6). 30.06 equivalents in recoil ARE the limit for sustained use.

Now

The Germans had quite a thing hunting boar with spears into the current era.

I’d like my “spear” to have a surprise in store.

View attachment 37281

Let’s keep that potentially wild, woolly, Wally-story out of the running.

Hear that, GGW? Only a bolt-action “spear” for hog-huntin’ along the Arkansas.

A big ol’ iron-sighted rifle with a serious business end.

Per the zombie invasion, swinging that club will clear a path back to high ground.

A battle rifle can stand up to use that wrecks a typical hunters firearm.

Now, on to breeding Plott Hounds . . . .

I have to say I admire the primitive hunting tools. But no thank you for my hunting food gathering trips. I am too slow and take too long to heal from the likely injuries to be incured hunting that way.

Be real careful on the I told you so! That had me on the RAMEN diet punishment for a month!
You have never tasted real pork until you eat one of the feral hogs. Raised without antibiotics and not bred just for fast growth. The hog out running in nature acting like a natural hog.
Another thing about the chickens, EGGS! You can really improve your dietary intake of quality protein eating eggs. (No Balut allowed on my table)
As long as the goats are alive no refrigeration is necessary and they do help with the disposal of vegetable matter.
Cabrito is a tasty way to celebrate certain summer holidays.
Yeah I've lived and learned a thing or two during my 32 year marriage, like the first Mothers day and I didn't get her a card, You're not my mother doesn't fly, at all!
My I TOLD YOU SO moments are really just a thought that's kept to my self.:D

And your right about the hog meat, my buddy usually goes on a killing spree after he has to repair his equipment, hogs do a number on pasture land. But we normally have a get together and cook up some of the culprits.

I have to say I admire the primitive hunting tools. But no thank you for my hunting food gathering trips. I am too slow and take too long to heal from the likely injuries to be incured hunting that way.

Get the grandkids up to speed on a Mk-19 40-mm grenade launcher. Bolt it into the pickup bed.

Huntin’ & Fishin’ become pop-a-top easy.

Yeah I've lived and learned a thing or two during my 32 year marriage, like the first Mothers day and I didn't get her a card, You're not my mother doesn't fly, at all!
My I TOLD YOU SO moments are really just a thought that's kept to my self.:D

A big 10-4 on that!! That Mothers Day one is a big one. I too being married 22 years should have done things different. That’s why my marriage is where it’s at now....separated. I am working on it. Hopefully should be back together. Anyways...I digress.

Get the grandkids up to speed on a Mk-19 40-mm grenade launcher. Bolt it into the pickup bed.

Huntin’ & Fishin’ become pop-a-top easy.

92368904_1844475412350637_7732846182724009984_n.jpg

This weekend's hog youngest son got. He hunts bear & hogs with his dogs. Lives in NC mountains but this weekend was hunting is SC

upload_2020-5-17_17-49-49.jpeg

Older Pictures Below

He has Walker Hounds and a few others. One bulldog (catch & hold) and a bad ass Catahoula.

upload_2020-5-17_17-53-18.jpeg

Doesn't mind stripping down and going in a GA/SC river at night to retrieve a hog. A country boy can survive.

414182665.jpg

414182664.jpg

414325448.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.