• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'm confused

G GOLLY WAlly

WDX 719 / Waldo on AM
Mar 4, 2018
Sourh Eastern Oklahoma
Buy now I'm sure everyone has seen where our farmers are killing off beef cattle, chickens, and hog's not to mention pouring out millions of gallons of milk. All because restaurants are closed and there's not as much demand for all of it. This is what confuses me, I thought we had people starving in this country and also just because people are quarantined at home they quit eating? I don't get it. (n)

Buy now I'm sure everyone has seen where our farmers are killing off beef cattle, chickens, and hog's not to mention pouring out millions of gallons of milk. All because restaurants are closed and there's not as much demand for all of it. This is what confuses me, I thought we had people starving in this country and also just because people are quarantined at home they quit eating? I don't get it. (n)
I went to my bbq shack today to see prices went way up. The owner was saying he went to buy meat and briskets were $100 a piece. They passed on the $100 brisket
Why is the price of meat going up when theres too much? What's really going on?

I went to my bbq shack today to see prices went way up. The owner was saying he went to buy meat and briskets were $100 a piece. They passed on the $100 brisket
Why is the price of meat going up when theres too much? What's really going on?
Tokin, hamburger meat here is $5 a pound, and a package of pork chops $24 The steakhouse in Poteau can't open because they can't afford to buy the meat they need.

Reactions: 357magnum
It is simple supply and demand. They can't get the meat processed to supply the demand. The demand is still rising and there is no supply to satisfy the demand.
The rancher's learned that if it gets bad enough the meat will be stolen by the people or the government. Destroying it is the only safety they have. You want some? go to the farmer buy one and take it to a small time butcher shop and have them process it.
Don't be a fool and let them dry age it for you. You will get less than 50% of it back.

It is simple supply and demand. They can't get the meat processed to supply the demand. The demand is still rising and there is no supply to satisfy the demand.
The rancher's learned that if it gets bad enough the meat will be stolen by the people or the government. Destroying it is the only safety they have. You want some? go to the farmer buy one and take it to a small time butcher shop and have them process it.
Don't be a fool and let them dry age it for you. You will get less than 50% of it back.
One of the local meat processors is backlogged until September

Reactions: 357magnum
Hogs, huh?

A genuine battle rifle, with minute-of-man capability might be the ticket.

The old saying was that:

— the Germans built a hunting rifle
(K98 Mauser)

— the Americans built a target rifle
(Springfield 1903-A3)

— But the British built a battle rifle
(Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk. 1)

The last version was:

Ishapore 2A1 Enfield
(7.62x51 NATO)
1963-1975

BA88D888-AC9A-478A-9B87-2666BB77BB8B.jpeg

10-12 round magazine.
Optimal was 145-gr cartridge.
(7.62x51 M80 FMJ boat-tail)

Now, to meat on the bone

3CE6AE8A-BA8B-4B59-82C2-7D74AB252077.jpeg

A pig sticker

44” rifle plus 15” bayonet and arm extension equals about a 6’ spear to poke “dead things” (one chambered and trigger finger ready).

1). Despite the spray-and-pray advocates with their poodle-shooters, 7.62 eliminates cover.

What? They’re gonna call in artillery, air strikes or lob mortar rounds? Get ‘er dun is to run what ya brung.

2). Downrange energy-transfer is unquestioned versus 5.56.

3). Planetary 7.62/.308 availability is high unlike 30.06. Receiver is up to commercial .308 (antique Springfield’s and Garands aren’t up to today’s commercial 30.06)

4). Closed action keeps reliability highest. (unlike Garand or M14). Cocks on close.

5). Aimed fire isn’t faster with blowback-operated to justify latter (except where pallets of rounds are deliverable). The aimed-fire record is something like 28-rounds per minute.

6). 30.06 equivalents in recoil ARE the limit for sustained use.

Now

The Germans had quite a thing hunting boar with spears into the current era.

I’d like my “spear” to have a surprise in store.

FCA42A7A-2AE8-48D8-901D-DC7E7966A669.jpeg

Let’s keep that potentially wild, woolly, Wally-story out of the running.

Hear that, GGW? Only a bolt-action “spear” for hog-huntin’ along the Arkansas.

A big ol’ iron-sighted rifle with a serious business end.

Per the zombie invasion, swinging that club will clear a path back to high ground.

A battle rifle can stand up to use that wrecks a typical hunters firearm.

Now, on to breeding Plott Hounds . . . .

Last edited:
2342F662-C1B1-4061-B0C1-39C0AD2126C2.jpeg

Or, maybe a 12-gauge Inland Ithaca M37 Trench Gun.

Those confronted by armed riot police have a STRONG tendency to disperse once orders given to affix bayonets, ha!

Slugs. Brenneke.
Bears & Boars

No. 4 Buckshot (the ‘Nam favorite)
Zombies

As plenty of a-wipes have been given “permission” to house lions & tigers in this country, their release isn’t impossible.

Brenneke Opal Magnum

Siberia and Alaska are pretty much identical in climate, terrain, topography and game.

But only in Siberia do (young) brown bears climb trees in order to sleep.

What in hell scares a brown bear?

Last edited:
Slo , I have both , K-98 German & Enfield Mk No 4 , I screwed up many years ago & Sporterized them ! :whistle: Paid $49.95 each @ Woolthsworth , look nice but now worth more un-touched both nice shooting guns . This meat thing has me baffled also ! :confused: I only shot 3 Deer Last year & between a few Good Friends & myself have worked my Freezers hard already . I tried to but chicks from hatchery a deal with , next shipment 9/21 ! TSC gets them , usually a Breed a don't want , & they are gone in a day or so . I keep checking CL to see if some of these people that bought them figured out " Chickens Ain't Their Thing " :LOL: No luck there either ! Mine are still laying well but for once in many years I actually have people that want to buy them & I can pay for a bag of grain W/ the profit . :) Also local here that for many years was selling Piglets for 35-50$'s , saw his price last week ... $130 each ! No Thank You ! I'll open up a Special Deer Season on my Farm ! :ROFLMAO: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Slo , I have both , K-98 German & Enfield Mk No 4 , I screwed up many years ago & Sporterized them ! :whistle: Paid $49.95 each @ Woolthsworth , look nice but now worth more un-touched both nice shooting guns . This meat thing has me baffled also ! :confused: I only shot 3 Deer Last year & between a few Good Friends & myself have worked my Freezers hard already . I tried to but chicks from hatchery a deal with , next shipment 9/21 ! TSC gets them , usually a Breed a don't want , & they are gone in a day or so . I keep checking CL to see if some of these people that bought them figured out " Chickens Ain't Their Thing " :LOL: No luck there either ! Mine are still laying well but for once in many years I actually have people that want to buy them & I can pay for a bag of grain W/ the profit . :) Also local here that for many years was selling Piglets for 35-50$'s , saw his price last week ... $130 each ! No Thank You ! I'll open up a Special Deer Season on my Farm ! :ROFLMAO: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

I get tired of people wanting me to break open the baby food jar and spoon it to them.

Your post illustrates WHY IT IS that Radio should be a priority.

The Net ain’t ours.

City to Country. And back again.

Meat & Dairy one end. Pharmaceuticals & Machine Supply the other. Etc.

At least I can tell my wife I TOLD YOU SO!
I never get to say that, but a while back I wanted some goats and chickens, sounds like it was a good idea now, at least there's an ample supply of wild hogs around here, if it comes down to it.
Be real careful on the I told you so! That had me on the RAMEN diet punishment for a month!
You have never tasted real pork until you eat one of the feral hogs. Raised without antibiotics and not bred just for fast growth. The hog out running in nature acting like a natural hog.
Another thing about the chickens, EGGS! You can really improve your dietary intake of quality protein eating eggs. (No Balut allowed on my table)
As long as the goats are alive no refrigeration is necessary and they do help with the disposal of vegetable matter.
Cabrito is a tasty way to celebrate certain summer holidays.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.