• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Incognito antenna

85Blazer

Nov 8, 2017
I just moved in to a new house with an HOA. I can't put up my Antron 99 which I had great success with in the past. Now I need a low profile or hidden antenna. Any suggestions? Thanks

Park your car in front ant put antenna on top.
Problem solved.
A friend of mine when was unable to put antenna on the roof because of stupid regulations bought junk car, parked outside and put Cushcraft r6000 on top.
Mike

p/s/ You could also put flagpole on the lawn and use it as antenna, but it need some work.

...A friend of mine ...bought junk car, parked outside and put Cushcraft r6000 on top..

an R6k???????????

bsflag2.gif

I've often wondered how much truck antenna I could get away with. 30' mast with 2m yagi? My hoa says "no antennas on any lot" we all still have wifi, cellphones and radios. Heck, every vehicle has an antenna.

I have a 20m dipole in the attic, and I'll probably add an 11m dipole soon.

I like experimenting and have used an assortment of homemade dipoles in my attic with great success. Some were made from wire and some were made using 4’ Firestiks. Have also used an EFHW from Par Electronics. Liked it a lot too.

None of these will equal an A99 outside, but all will get you on the air in fine fashion and incognito. (y)

The extra car on the street sounds a little over the top for me since the streets are already narrow, but would do it to see the response.
I was leaning towards the 11m dipole but wanted some input from the professionals.

Reactions: Tokin
Please dont take offense at what im about to say. Ill help any way i can but I absolutely hate hoa's. I wont be caught dead on hoa property. Hoa's and "deed restricted" communities should be illegal.
With that said ill help any way i can.

Freedom of Association, a guaranteed right until circa 1948.

HOA, the irritating workaround.

Deed restrictions were far better.

As to the topic, do a great mobile install.
Run the gear from the comfort of the car while hooked to a 120V power supply.

As in above suggestions, sky’s the limit on stationary mobile antenna height.

You'll get around to the base station, without being stymied by “felt” restrictions.

The 6-40 Meter ALPHA FMJ MOTO Antenna is an example of one can be set for stationary or mobile.

In more sophisticated screwdriver antennas, even more so the choices.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.