• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is Lescom still in Business

I've purchased many a radio and just used them. A few I've done the freq conversion or very slight adjustments because that's all they needed to work. Only when a radio obviously needed an alignment that I don't have the equipment to do has one gone to a tech. Others may disagree with that method but........
Some of those services are overrated imo

There are two sides to every coin...even the edge...- well thin as it may be...
upload_2021-10-10_8-10-36.png
Precarious - to say the least...​

You raise a good point, because it deals with the "quality" the product gets shipped as...
Some radios get a lot of love from the Factory...upload_2021-10-10_8-14-58.png... and it arrives in good condition - not much left out - works like it should.

While others get used a Wheel Chocks...then get wiped down and sent out once they realize that it's the last one in stock - buy soon message pops up..
upload_2021-10-10_8-24-5.png
IT doesn't save you from busting your breadbasket...
but it does help the ones that follow...​

Some times you're the tuning can, sometimes you're the Slug...

EDIT:S
And you gotta' love Google for it's attempts to "fill in the blanks"

Last edited:
I've seen a few of Lester's videos in the last month or so and he mentioned that he suffered a stroke in December and hasn't completely recovered. Just saw one of his most recent vids and poor guy doesn't have full function of his left hand as it appears. It's gotta be rough, can't imagine.

• Sad
Reactions: Woody-202
From the time it is taking to get my repairs done, I would say no. But he does like to drum up business with stupid sales knowing he has repair orders in his shop that are now more than 4 years old(mine). BBB does not help because he ignores all complaints. Will not respond to emails unless you are buying something. Small claims court will be the next option.

• Wow
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Let's call it like it is, it's the vast majority of them any more! It's ridiculous that many shop's I've personally called have anywhere from a 3 to 6 month turnaround time if not longer because they're backlogged, it isn't just Lester.

It all comes down to greed, doing whatever possible to not turn down a job. You'd think there's a threshold that isn't 6 months....

I could only remember calling one shop out in Sparks, NV back in 2011 and asked how much it would be to set the AM deadkey watts to 1.75 on my Uniden Grant XL. He wanted $60 to do it. Even with me just being new and trying to figure the stuff out at the time, I knew I better at least attempt to learn something and save myself some wait time and lots of money. I am glad I picked up a soldering iron, learned to use a DMM, and do my best to do some basic troubleshooting on radios that are not working. One would still need to wait a very long time if you gotta send your radio to get a final changed if they are backlogged several months.

Les keeps sending me E-Mails of his holiday sales. I will probably get on for Saturday May the 4th.

It will mostly likely read " President George is the CHOOSEN ONE, SSB Radio of the Galactic Empire." Grand Admiral Thrawn personally ordered installed in all recon TIE fighters. MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU. And also Talk to the Outer Rim with the new Siro Antennas.

On a serious note, I mentioned this before. If you walk into a gunsmith shop and the rifle you are holding is made of steel and walnut. The gunsmith may not be able to properly repair or even complete acceptable work on your family heirloom. It may be a mystery Google can not solve. Last conversation I had with a local gunsmith. He said the average gentleman that comes through the door is probably 74 y/o. This particular gunsmith focuses on building custom family heirloom rifles. Not trying to down anyone's skills, but is it does not say Glock, or is on a AR15 platform its tough to find service. I am fortunate to have a couple quality gentleman local to me. One gentleman truly enjoys repairs. The other builds custom jobs and does wood work.

Hats of to you gentleman that keep the our old pieces of pride glowing with electricity.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.