• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is your spouse a ham or CB nut?

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
After I posted my meme, I got to thinking about everyone's spouse. Does your significant other dabble in the hobby?

My first wife talked on my dad's mobile when we borrowed it to go on vacation. Our friends went with us, but drove separately. My dad setup a little mobile in their car so we could keep in touch while driving. My wife had lots of fun and our friends 3 daughters had a blast. After we got home, my wife lost her interest.

My second wife talked for a few years after we got together. She met a good friend cause of it. She will occasionally talk while we're mobile and do radio checks for me. Neither wife were interested in becoming hams. My mom used to talk to my dad on his way to and from work, as most couples did back then. I used to go to jamborees with my parents when I was a boy. I'm 58. Back in the Party Line days, my mom was a police/fire dispatcher. We had a second phone on a "fire bar" arrangement with two other ladies. They'd take turns manning the phone. When she got a call, she'd key up dad's Utica TCIII and holler to the Marshall or press the button to activate the fire siren.

Anyways, just curious how many of our members have partners that share the same interest in radios.

Unfortunately no. Her hobby has to do with the "Fiber Arts." Spinning fibers into thread, Weaving those fibers into fancy hand made products. She is very talented and skilled.
She will from time to time ask me to modify or repair one of her looms, carding machines or her spinning wheel.
When she is working her hobby it is nice and quite and the loose fibers make for technicolor cat pukes.

Unfortunately no. Her hobby has to do with the "Fiber Arts." Spinning fibers into thread, Weaving those fibers into fancy hand made products. She is very talented and skilled.
She will from time to time ask me to modify or repair one of her looms, carding machines or her spinning wheel.
When she is working her hobby it is nice and quite and the loose fibers make for technicolor cat pukes.
Oh boy......we are back to cat puke.....again?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated