• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's been an interesting week.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
Well, some may have noticed that I have not been around the forum much the last week. A few weeks ago I noticed that I was nodding off in the evenings even on my days off and just seemed tired. Nothing else wrong......just tired. Then I started to get out of breath with much exertion, which progressed to really being out of breath on stairs. Last Monday, I felt cold and wanted a soak in a hot tub. I was breathless at the top of the stairs but recovered quickly, however simply getting out of the tub left me weak and breathless, and I thought my heart was going to pound itself out of my chest. I called out to my wife who is a retire registered nurse of 36 years and while she was checking my pulse I noticed that I could feel it in my hand. It was really fast and skipping beats. A quick trip to the local hospital, where they didn't wait to fully triage me and took me straight into the crash room right away. Something about an oxygen saturation of only 72% that they did not like. A quick assessment and some anticoagulants injected and put on 15 litres of oxygen, then into an ambulance for the city hospital, where I spent over 20 hours in the ER waiting to be stable enough to go upstairs to a bed. Long story short, I have three pulmonary embolisms (blood clots) in my right lung and one in the left. Over the week I was weened off oxygen until I was able to come home yesterday. It's been a rough week, but at least I'm still on the right side of the grass. More appointments and consultations ahead. Supposed to go back to work on Thursday not definitely NOT going. My supervisor said he did not want me there. Now the battle begins with the insurance company to replace a week or two of lost wages. If they give me grief, I plan to tell them to go F%&# themselves. I may not be a rich man, but I don't live across from the poor house either. I will return to work when I feel like it. I am almost 60 now and I have plans to be a cantankerous old bastard in my later years. LOL

Glad you are ok, that stuff can get really serious really quickly. I am working on a small blood clot in the back of my leg, myself. My Hematologist is trying to find the cause, I asked if it could be related to the COVID vaccine. He said that they haven't ruled that out.....

Stay safe, and follow the doctor's orders. If he can give you a prescription for some radio time, you will be set. 73

Chris

All the best for a speedy recovery - our prayers to you and your family.

Follow their diet - so that may mean bailing out on some foods you can't have anymore.

Yeah, it sux, but you'll get used to it - even get chances to try other food combos.

But as you said, you're on the right side of the Grass.

I have plans to be a cantankerous old bastard in my later years. LOL
I have those same plans myself. Over the last year I have swallowed more prescription pills than food. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I recently gave up the hard physical labor for Management again. Forgot how crazy people really are, but my physical body is thanking me for the move.

Cantankerous Bastardom here I come!!

God Speed!
David

Reactions: undertaker
So sorry to hear this. Glad ya went and they figured it out! Our prayers and thoughts are with ya!

All the best for a speedy recovery - our prayers to you and your family.

Follow their diet - so that may mean bailing out on some foods you can't have anymore.

Yeah, it sux, but you'll get used to it - even get chances to try other food combos.

But as you said, you're on the right side of the Grass.

I believe you are confused. Diet or weight has NOTHING to do with a pulmonary embolism. It is a blood clot that travels to the lungs. They think I may have had a small tear in the pulmonary artery possibly caused by a high impact blow to the chest I had about a month ago when I had a bad trip and fall incident. Most PE's start as a clot in the legs and travel thru the heart to the lungs. In my case I have one large one in the left lung and three large ones in the right lung. Again, nothing to do with what is eaten.

• Sad
Reactions: BJ radionut
Well, some may have noticed that I have not been around the forum much the last week. A few weeks ago I noticed that I was nodding off in the evenings even on my days off and just seemed tired. Nothing else wrong......just tired. Then I started to get out of breath with much exertion, which progressed to really being out of breath on stairs. Last Monday, I felt cold and wanted a soak in a hot tub. I was breathless at the top of the stairs but recovered quickly, however simply getting out of the tub left me weak and breathless, and I thought my heart was going to pound itself out of my chest. I called out to my wife who is a retire registered nurse of 36 years and while she was checking my pulse I noticed that I could feel it in my hand. It was really fast and skipping beats. A quick trip to the local hospital, where they didn't wait to fully triage me and took me straight into the crash room right away. Something about an oxygen saturation of only 72% that they did not like. A quick assessment and some anticoagulants injected and put on 15 litres of oxygen, then into an ambulance for the city hospital, where I spent over 20 hours in the ER waiting to be stable enough to go upstairs to a bed. Long story short, I have three pulmonary embolisms (blood clots) in my right lung and one in the left. Over the week I was weened off oxygen until I was able to come home yesterday. It's been a rough week, but at least I'm still on the right side of the grass. More appointments and consultations ahead. Supposed to go back to work on Thursday not definitely NOT going. My supervisor said he did not want me there. Now the battle begins with the insurance company to replace a week or two of lost wages. If they give me grief, I plan to tell them to go F%&# themselves. I may not be a rich man, but I don't live across from the poor house either. I will return to work when I feel like it. I am almost 60 now and I have plans to be a cantankerous old bastard in my later years. LOL
Thinking about and Praying for you my Friend for a speedy recovery, Wishing you and your Family a upcoming Happy Easter and God Bless!!

73's

Well Captain Kilowatt sure hope those blood cots go away.

Probably be on "blood thinners" before long, like I am now, with my AFib.

I too now have shortness of breath, down to 30% lung capacity now..... because of my Bronchitis over the years......

So be very careful and I am sure your wife will watch you very closely.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Well Captain Kilowatt sure hope those blood cots go away.

Probably be on "blood thinners" before long, like I am now, with my AFib.

I too now have shortness of breath, down to 30% lung capacity now..... because of my Bronchitis over the years......

So be very careful and I am sure your wife will watch you very closely.

Thanks but they shot me up with Fragmin before I left the local hospital for the city then twice a day before I left there. Those injections burn like hell but were necessary.The clots will eventually be reabsorbed by my body but will take months.. Now on pills for the next six months minimum......... possibly the rest of my life.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.