• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just wanted to say good bye.

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
Because of a resent lay off i will be moving out of state,there are no jobs in my area of NC and the unemployment rate in my county is around 18%. So.....i'm going to be off of the web for quite a while. We are having to move into my wife's parents house way out in the mountains of VA ( no not WVA ) and there is no service there. I do not want to do this but you have to do what you have to do sometimes.

Hard to tell how long it will be before i get things straightened out so i wanted to tell all the good people of this site to take care and keep your head up............it's only going to get worse from here on out!

The prayers will be with ya KMDK. See if you can enjoy your new adventure in the mountains if ya can. Look for ways to turn this disadvantage into an advantage. Keep busy. Do some hiking and maybe grow a garden or help with the in-law's garden. We'll keep your spot warm.

I'm laid off too from a decent local factory job. Hope to be able to go back there when the economy turns around. Til' then there ain't no new jobs around here either but at least I have some savings and can draw unemployment for quite a while.

Good luck Duck !!

Look for ways to turn this disadvantage into an advantage. maybe grow a garden.

Some gardens are very profitable.

21oros8.jpg

Because of a resent lay off i will be moving out of state,there are no jobs in my area of NC and the unemployment rate in my county is around 18%. So.....i'm going to be off of the web for quite a while. We are having to move into my wife's parents house way out in the mountains of VA ( no not WVA ) and there is no service there. I do not want to do this but you have to do what you have to do sometimes.

Hard to tell how long it will be before i get things straightened out so i wanted to tell all the good people of this site to take care and keep your head up............it's only going to get worse from here on out!

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. What has happend to you could concieveably happen to anyone at any time.
I was just informed that the non-profit organization that I work for will either merge or close on June 1st. Ironically, I've only been with them for three months, after being unemployed for 5 months. We received a pay cut after I was here only two weeks, and now this.
Time to update the 'ol resume, hit the pavement and trust in The Lord.

Sorry to hear that Mudduck, hope something positive comes out of this for you, perhaps a better job awaits you in Virgina....

Keep your mind busy and your ears open, you never know what might happen....

Good luck to you and your family.......

Good luck with the job hunt and keep your head up aswell. This unemployment is a spreading disease so to speak I see it is infecting our whole country.

Perhaps we should all move to mexico afterall it seems all the businesses and work are moving there but yet there people move here I cant seem to pinpoint this problem or narrow it down. Is it that the work scares them to want to m,ove here or is it just all the free goodiesthe US provides them with for not working?

Either way its not going to change so we all have to again keep our heads up and deal with it the best we can. you br sure to come back to the forum and shout a hello and give us the heads up on your status ;)

Mudduck.

Sorry to hear how the economy has effected you..
It will likely be 3 to 5 years before things really start to improve ( if we are lucky to get back on track)..

I will say a Prayer for you and your family..

Do be sure to keep your Spirits up.
Keep looking for opportunities, you never know when i good one will come your way..

As others have said...
We will keep your place warm..
Do inform us when you are on better times..

Unfortunately ... i Doubt you will be the first or only one to have such problems in todays economy..

Try to remember...
As bad as things are or may get for you..
There are Always people in worse ( often much worse) shape then you..

I wish you luck
GOD Bless

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.