• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

k40 or sirio p5000

On the Performer PL 5000,it uses a PL-259 connector built into the antenna's base. I'm curious as to what female connector to use for a direct mount install? What website would sell the female connector? I sent Sirio an email.

Soooooo,why is the Sirio better than the K40? I want some numbers. By the way. I have a K40. Got it for nostalgic reasons. The Sirio's do look cool!

Well you could start with the electrical length. The Wilson is about 102" and change.

The Sirio is about 108".

The matching network is also different.

Finally got my Sirio PL 5000. No scratch off ticket but in the video I posted,they said that some will have them. Now I need something to hard mount it

If you are hardmounting this in a newer vehicle you better back up the hardmount underneath. If not, And you hit a solid object more than halfway down on the whip, depending on speed you could end up ripping a hole in your roof.

And even then there is no garentee that it will not sustain damage.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
That's the one I'm looking at. Just wish it had a rg 303 coax with it. DNJ won't have the rg303 cable assembly until the 28th.

Why would you want the rg 303?:unsure:. When I got mine I immeadiatly changed to coax to LMR 200 ultraflex. I have been using this antenna for well over a year with no issues.

Why would you want the rg 303?:unsure:. When I got mine I immeadiatly changed to coax to LMR 200 ultraflex. I have been using this antenna for well over a year with no issues.
The RG303 is what Sirio recommends. I have been out of the hobby for 25 years. When I was in it the only coax I was aware of was RG8 and RG58u. At that time mini 8x was just coming into vogue.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.