• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KLV1000

This is the cheapest I could find a new KLV 1000 for $495 +$64 shipping It seems to be a very good price.... shipping price is high :shock: but the total cost still works out cheaper than other places I think :( Is there anywhere else I can get this item cheaper or in the same price range :?: :?:

Thanks

Might have a line on a used 1000P in a few weeks. Pretty sure that's the high-drive version. At least it WILL be the high-drive version by then. Kept popping the driver tube first key. Gonna unhook that fifth driver tube and convert it to high drive, four tubes only.

No idea what the owner will want for it, but I'm pretty sure he'll be in a selling mood once it's on the air and running.

Not that many places selling that one new, seems like.

Oh, and do you have a link to the large version of your avatar pic? Lost the URL to that one, and nobody will believe me when I tell them about it.

nomadradio said:
Might have a line on a used 1000P in a few weeks. Pretty sure that's the high-drive version. At least it WILL be the high-drive version by then. Kept popping the driver tube first key. Gonna unhook that fifth driver tube and convert it to high drive, four tubes only.

No idea what the owner will want for it, but I'm pretty sure he'll be in a selling mood once it's on the air and running.

Not that many places selling that one new, seems like.

Oh, and do you have a link to the large version of your avatar pic? Lost the URL to that one, and nobody will believe me when I tell them about it.

Thanks Namad Radio but I am looking for a new unit.

Is this what you are looking for Chris?

StormbringersXForce3Large.jpg

MidNightDragons656xforce1Large.jpg

Images used with permission from STORMBRINGERS REALM.

Jeff

Hi Drifter,
As a rule, peaking it for max modulated swing will do the job.

And thanks for the large pics, Jeff. Those are the ones I was looking for. Gets some odd reactions from the customers, like "Does he still glow in the dark after he unkeys?"

Wo Woooooo I got my KLV1000 today...... Man... this sucker is huge and heavy 50lb :shock: It makes my XForce XT40012 look small. I still have to figure out the correct way to tune it as this is my first tube amp. I wont be able to fire it up until I get my antenna relocated and some other things like that talking LDG SWR/Watt meter and also my new Magnum S9 comes in:D

I will be asking you guys to teach me the best way to tune this amp :p

The best way to tune the amp is:

Make sure your SWR is as close to perfect as possible.

Set the DeadKey on the radio to no more than 2 watts on AM and run no more than 15 Watts PEP on SSB....

Tune everything for maximum wattage on your meter on your linear... Adjusting the Plate/Load/Drive knobs in short bursts of 5-10 Seconds and giving it a 10 second rest... 'till the Watt Meter is at it's peak.

Than take your Load knob and back that off by approximately 50%... That will give you approximately Double RMS (Average Power) on Xmt on AM .... Which of 'Course is 100% Modulation or known to most as "Swing"...

I.E.- If you can achieve 650 Watts output.... Take the load knob and back it off to 325 Watt deadkey... Than when you Xmt and your radio is providing 90% Modulation or so your meter on your Amp should be kickin' to 600 Watts +....

Replace those junk Yugoslavia EL-519 tubes with good 6KG6A/EL-509 Tubes.... If you need sources I will post.

Taking the Load knob and decreasing the DeadKey by Approximately 50% saves on those tubes tremendously... And gives it that great swing and audio punch everyone strives for.

Too many people are buying these amps and when they follow the directions they are dead keying 600 watts + which is to much heat on them and too hard.... (AM side of 'Course)

Try it ... You'll like it!!

Looking forward to hearing the results of your testing. I have been going round and round about which amp to get and the KLV 1000 is one of them. I have the KL500 mobile and it sounds great and working perfect after a year of hard driveing but I dont want to run a power supply anymore.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.