• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

L.A. 435 Repeater

haha...those questions and answers are hillarious! That repeater is fantastic....always worth listening to just for the laughs. I know many stuffy hams are appalled by it, but it goes to show you there's room for everyone in this hobby. People who don't like the activities on that repeater don't go there, and the people that use that repeater only play their games on that repeater. It's actually calmed down a bit lately. There used to be minimum station requirements just for getting into the input...a 3 element yagi and a 400 watt amp. Anything less and you weren't gonna get a word in edge wise.

There's a whole webring set up for .435, complete with streaming audio. Actually, Roy Tucker has some fantastic nets, including an antique radio net every week....and I generally hate nets. Other than those nets, this repeater is radio sillyness at it's finest.

Hello HH and Moleculo:

I was listening on the 147.435 repeater one summer evening, seting out in the back yard relaxing, when I heard.....

"Yeah and you guys can kiss my XXX no one is gonna take me off 435 I have a 1KW output and stacked set of 13B2 Antenas, and I am in plane site of the repeater site. and another thing" Bzzzzzzzz
as some other station has taken out this guy! Jamming at its finist.

I was in tears.

Jay in the Mojave :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.