1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Larry's CB Shop - McKinney, TX

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Riverman71, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Sarasota Slim

Sarasota Slim Well-Known Member

I bought a phone from a guy on Craigslist, a year ago. I'm using it, at this very moment, to make this forum post. My van, which my wife and I refer to as "Old Faithful", also came from Craigslist.

I've made a few Ebay purchases, as well. I haven't faired to badly there, either. Of course, with one exception, I bought new stuff from Ebay.

With Craigslist, it's best to meet the other party in a public place, and inspect the merchandise. A reputable person should have no objection to that.

Staybolt and Mudduckmobile like this.

2. skip searcher

skip searcher Active Member

Pretty neat photos and seem to sell hf Also possibly well known store by local operators .

3. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Sr. Member

Hated CB City....couldn't walk in the front door of that place without dropping a couple hundred dollars before getting back out... Go in to get a battery for the ol' Mic...Come back out to the car with a new Mic, and radio!

4. Riverman71

Riverman71 Well-Known Member

LOL. Glad to know I'm not alone!
    Am fearful of making the drive to Larry's for that reason. :D

5. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

Larry has been in business a long time. I stopped in there about 15 years ago, not knowing a thing about radios, wanting some work done to a Galaxy 73. All the locals used him and recommended him.

I think he had an opportunity to make some easy money but he was honest. He checked my radio out, told me it was doing all it ever would, explained a few things to me and didn't change me a dime. I used to stop in there just to shoot the breeze with him.

I think cb city may have closed.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/cb-radio-equipment/6259383746.html

Riverman71 likes this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Well-Known Member

Do you remember a guy named Wizard near Denton texas?

7. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Sr. Member

Yes. CB City went by way of the "doe-doe-bird"...gone-gone.

8. W2EKG

W2EKG 201 Mike Action

Edited.......that video has been beaten to death. Time to get over it and stop bringing it uo everytime a thread comes up about a CB shop

#23 W2EKG, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
  9. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

I never met him but talked a couple of guys around Lake Texoma that used him years ago. They were happy with his work but I never heard anything else about him. If he's still around he stays under the radar.

Now you've gone and gotten the thread locked. :p

#24 543_Dallas, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
    rabbiporkchop likes this.
  10. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

See post #26. It's headed towards the toilet.....

If you're offended by something why do you bring it up or contribute to a conversation about it?

11. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

If anyone has a problem with any changes to this thread all I can say is have at it guys.Beat the thread into the ground.I'm headed to bed after an absolutely crappy day at work. Then I come home to a bitch fest on the forum with several PM's and emails bitching about it. Until tomorrow all I have to say is DILLIGAF. Tomorrow however will be a different day and I just might GIF. Be forewarned.

12. 2RT307

2RT307 Sr. Member

Dang, I was just in McKinney yesterday... didn't know about this shop AT ALL! And JesseJamesDallas, I was the same way at CB City. That was a cool store, and I really liked how he had all the rigs on display and a lot of them were powered up. Spent some money there every time I stopped in.

Brett

jessejamesdallas and Riverman71 like this.
  13. Riverman71

Riverman71 Well-Known Member

I have quit reading all the threads that are offensive to me and have been quite happy ever since. But when I begin one about a nice man and his shop and it is hijacked by the very same BS videos and posts, then I am going to "contribute to the conversation."

Thankfully a moderator stepped in and removed them. That stuff has no place in this thread. In an attempt to aid in his cleanup effort, I deleted my two previous posts.
    Now we are back to square one.

Can we just move forward? Please.

#28 Riverman71, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    tecnicoloco and binrat like this.
  14. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

15. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

So, when is your shopping expedition then??

Riverman71 likes this.