• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Legal 10 meter amateur radios

thats why i figure when i go to NY this year i'll make a few purchases in ontario on the way back home to WI. then i can have the "export" specs on the radio's without having to mod them. 8)

Also, besides several of the Ranger made radios, Radio Shack radios, and President radios being reviewed by the ARRL and posted on their website I recently purchased the Gordon West w5yi Extra Class manual. In it are several pictures of an RCI 2950dx 10 meter mounted in a car. Just some more thoughts...

I guess it is legal for me to purchase the radio overseas?

But I bought my Lincoln from Bandercom in Finland--Legal for them, illegal for me, because I was the importer? And yet legal for me to use now that I've gotten away with importing it? (Again, I'm talking about using it on Ham bands with my General class ticket.)

You are not "importing the radio for resale", but for your own use.

Jeff

The Question has been answered, By Sonwatcher.
Here ya go folks.

So at the beginning of the week I called the FCC and asked flat out if these radios, that are illegal to market in the US, are ok for licensed amateur operators to use on the amateur bands ? Today on my way home I called home and my wife said I had a message from a Diane from the FCC. She had told me she would get back to me after directing the question to someone in charge of Amateur Licensing. I got home just now and she has stated that an Amateur is allowed to use the Amateur portion of an export radio. So that settles the question for good with me.
If anyone would like to verify the answer you can call Diane at 877-480-3201 option #2. The case# for my question is #776635

She Stated that an Amateur IS allowed to use the Amateur Portion of an Export Radio.
That is the Answer, right from the FCC.

:D so it's okay to use the "illegal" exports on the ham bands as long as you are good to go Oh BY THE WAY HAPPY ST> PATTIES DAY i'm celebrating cus i always feel less guilty for letting my hair down, for a reason :D :D :D :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.