• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Let's please leave CH 19 27.185 for the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just find it absolutely hilarious how guys that build 11m amps and guys that fix and align cb radios walk around and talk like they are some special breed of person, nobody can do what they do like they do it. they puff themselves up to look and sound like gods gift to us in the radio world. hahahaha, so ridiculous. normal (real electronic engineers) radio repairman, etc don't do that at all. they just work on radio equipment, no secrets, no attitude, no god like complex, etc.

It would be nice if people wouldn't purposefully shoot skip on 19. It has long been regarded as the hwy channel.

We're not impressed by your over modulated splatter boxes with echo and Tinkerbells (roger beeps)and other noise toys.

It seems to never fail when there is winter WX or big accidents on the hwy, the skip comes rolling in covering up useful information for those of us on the road need to hear.

Channel 28 is a big skip channel along with a few others so use those so you can be with your fellow skip shooters.

Would you guys that purposely skip on 19 run AM or now legally use FM on channel 38 which is primarily a gentlemens agreement LSB channel? That would be asinine wouldn’t it?

Respect for the airwaves is simply too much to ask for some people!

I dont shoot skip on 19, i answer it. 90% of the contacts i make are drivers bouncing down the road trying to keep their eyes open and the rubber side down. Hell, thats what got me interested in radio 35 years ago was accidently talking skip one day from Little America Wyoming truck stop in the middle of a blizzard when the interstate was closed. Laying in my company 89 freightshaker cabover eating bean burritos from the c store trying to melt the foot of snow off the roof of the cab when i decided to turn on the radio. There was some chatter that I thought was in or around the truckstop so i asked for a break. Turned out they were on the east coast around jersey. Im not a ratchet jaw either. I keep it quick and simple, best wishes, stay safe, rubber side down, man with no shoes tampa...
No splatter here either. Ive not had one complaint or inquiry as to bleed over from any of my locals even ones a mile or two away.
Anyhow hope you and yours are safe and having a wonderful Christmas. Catch you in skip land maybe?

Now this is interesting. I do have to say some days his signal is a solid 9+ even when I run my K30 on a mobile no matter where in town I am. He must have someone close to me doing this in Florida. I did find it hard to believe the signal strength here.

Florida gets daily west coast skip from September thru april/may. Sometimes the conditions are ripe and it lasts all day and sometimes its weak and lasts for an hour or less. Usually it starts between 10-11am as folks out west are waking up.
163 is generally pretty strong at my 10/20 also so your not wrong.
I have nothing bad to say about his station, sound quality or his ability to tune radios. My issue with him is hes socially a class A douchebag.
Hey Allen, do you ever hear any of the alleged "local truckers" hes always talking to? I'm pretty sure hes ghost talking.

Reactions: NZ8N
As a user of "calibrated" and "certified" tools in my prior occupation, I know that the dates on those docs are very important to most gov agencies, but he never slows the wave down enough to let us read those dates.

I'm also curious how much "adjustment " is actually required when he gets his shit certified. If there is any significant adjustment needed, how does he identify when his equipment became out of tolerance ? This would mean that any radio tuned during this period is not "Fine Tuned".

I believe his stuff WAS calibrated to 11/21. Real certificate?? Maybe but it’s out of spec now.

Reactions: Cabover Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.