• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Logging programs

RickC.

Hopeless antenna junkie
Mar 30, 2009
Alabama
I'll admit I'm old school as far as logs and QSLs, but I'm in the minority on that. Unfortunately EQSL is here to stay it seems, and I have done that on a one-off basis now and then, having a few DX cards printed and mailed to me. It looks to me as the Century Club and the like are the only places the actual exchange of QSL cards still thrives, and sending $ to QSL managers and having no response after 3+ years, coupled with DX stations refusing to use the buro has changed my mind about all this.

So, if you use EQSL or LOTW, what program do you prefer and what would you suggest?

Thanks,

Rick

I use MacLoggerDX, but I use a Mac. Great logging program if anyone else is looking for a logger for Mac OS.

I'm using Logger32 since 10 years now, simple and easy to use. Running on old computer, no need to have gigabytes of RAM and super duper 10 cores processor.
Runs smooth even on P3 800EB with 256MB RAM and Windows98.
Mike

Thanks Hutch but I can't go off into Mac land right now! (I would, just for Garage Band...)

Mike,

Can Logger32 upload directly to EQSL and/or LOTW?

Thanks,

Rick

logging program

Hello ,

I use Hose Nose(data base apps.) have been going on 10yrs now
it has a step learing curve but will do it all.Who says Real Qsling
is Dead -you just need to use the right methods for DX qsl cards and
wait for them.I dont use e-qsl85% for me are Bogus Qs I did not make
I like the Real Deal Hose Nose does it all Its $125USD but I thinkits
a great logging program for awards.dx/qsl printing ,contesting and to
much more to mention .Gl/73/44s

Paul K8PG

Thanks!

I'm not much of a contestor, but will look at 32.

Well, QSLing isn't dead, but it's a different game than it used to be. Most of the managers and direct stations have QSLd when I have sent $ direct as their profile states (and I don't do that often-- we all have postage costs and I don't like the idea of buying a QSL from anybody), but even via the buros I'd get nearly 100% return rate within a couple of years in the 70s and 80s. Not even half that now.

I'd not even considered EQSL and never indicated I'd use that, but when I logged on, there were several that I'd been waiting on for quite some time, including a handful that had my green stamps. Fortunately most operators don't do that (keep the cash and not send a card), but it does happen.

Anwyay, that's what prompted me to explore all this, and I appreciate the input.

Rick

QSL's, just the cards are dying, our only two local printers closed this year. Yes I know you can order cards on the internet but then again if I have to buy the cards on the internet why not just send them electronically.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.