• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking at getting a compact SSB rig for the compact car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No actually - rumor has it that RealPorkChop was discussing the very event - after losing 2 death stars, it had quite an impact on morale throughout the region...

So he had a chat with his mentor... whom went by the moniker M^2 (M Squared)...

Whereupon it was revealed there were plans for an even more sinister weapon...

More bad azz than the Debt Star...

Not to Be outdone, Remember Luke had a SISTER right?

Well, then you already know...
Unfortunately - this information came at a price...

We have not heard from our Double Agent - Double MM (Pronounced Mmmm)...

Which is not a good thing...

He was last seen as a stand in double (ahemn...) for a guy called Real Pork Chop...

Kinda looked like this...
View attachment 27034

So if you see him, let us know...​

6EBA3F03-EA60-40B5-80C7-094C7F27ECCD.gif

Hahaha, that’s funny Andy!! Hope you find my humor funny as well, Haha.

Facts outweigh opinions... those are pretty strong words coming from someone who has never shown us anything. However, the student is like the teacher I guess, for he's never shown us anything or proven anything that he claims.

Oh yes they are on "cheat-sheet" level, I believe that video clearly shows him flashing a piece of paper with it all written down. Of course, that could all be BS on his part and mean absolutely nothing but there is clearly a sheet there...

What you're talking about there is that he adds parts to current production parts to reach a specific value other than what's installed. Why not just change the part totally to the desired value? So you're saying when I get a radio from him, it'll look like some cobbled together POS with extra crap soldered onto parts from the factory? Sure sounds like it. Why doesn't he just build his own radios? Why can't the folks designing and building these radios get it right and why is he the only person in the world that seems to know they're wrong?

Worthless to write a sheet yet he has. And others have, they're all over the net, go look. And yet they yield the same results on dozens of thousands of radios but we're supposed to believe that no two Stryker or Anyone radios are the same out the box? So if I buy two of the same brand and model, swap out one or more parts identical in both radios, both will give a different amount of power or whatever.. a total different amount and won't be anywhere near each other because they're "different".... BS

True HF rigs? Neither can your "man". It's absolutely impossible to make any black box radio perform like a freaking Kenwood, Yaesu or Icom... are you seriously that retarded and delusional on that koolaid?

He sure won't be able to send it to your man because he doesn't take mail-in work, cause he can't. He can't actually fix a radio needing repair, he's not a repair guy but a parts-swapper. That's why you have to buy his recommended radios, new from him. He starts off with better radios than most others, like comparing an F40 Ferrari to a Ford Pinto... and then claiming how fast he made the car that was already fast... just stupid.

I've got to say, I've read some pretty stupid stuff on the internet and seen some too but that takes the cake I believe. 20% tolerances on parts and every radio cranked out is different and won't respond the same to the same modification or parts swapping...haha. Somebody out in the desert is building NASA level radios, son. Got this new Stryker 955, momma, better strap little Johnny in, I key this thing and we're liable to time-warp or something.

You're gonna have to show me, my Delorean does NOT time travel at 88mph. It does good to get to 88mph...
Since the originator of the OP decided on the 9 8 0 I guess going off topic is okay at this point. The fact that the dude from fake radio customs uses a garden hose in order to ("douche') clean out circuit boards speaks volumes! I feel sorry for anyone who purchases any piece of equipment that his fingers were inside of. I know less than anyone on this form about radio communications, and the equipment used. But I suspect that fake radio customs might be delusional on some level. As to what level that My be I wouldn't know, I'm not a psychiatrist. Some of his past YouTube clips have fascinated me. Not in a good way. I'm fascinated that anyone would ever send him, or buy a brand-new transceiver that's been "modified" by him.

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop
Well I just purchased the uniden 980 of Ebay brand new for$ 135 and free shipping, can't wait until it gets here.Thanks for all the advice and comments from u all,much appreciated and Happy New year's to all of you from me!

GREAT choice in my opinion.I have the Original 980SSB & I am quiet impressed at how well it works on transmit & receive.Love the display & I leave the Idiot Beep OFF as well as the Useless Talkback Crap.Looks & sounds Sweet so what more could I want?

SIX-SHOOTER

I like my 980. Paired with a Turner power mic and a 102" SS whip it tx and rx very well. Wish I had the first version tho, I hate that annoying beep.

Reactions: TheRATT
One thing in this whole mess of a thread I never saw was the size comparison. He was between a Galaxy DX series and a Bearcat, and the Bearcat I have seen in person is smaller than the DX series, at least in depth.

One thing I want to point out too, Handy Andy I believe was the one to mention mounting options, which made me think of this... If you are mounting it in a newer vehicle, PLEASE BE SURE TO LOCATE ANY AND ALL AIRBAGS!!! We all know most newer have them in the steering wheel and the passenger dash, but there are also side curtains, knee bolsters, side of the seat, etc. For example, I have my 520PRO mounted on the knee bolster to the right of the steering column, as close to the center stack as possible, but before I did that I looked for any airbags. You do NOT want your radio launched into you or your passenger if that thing fires off!

Reactions: Slowmover
I would probably have several 980's if the channel mod was easily obtained. Cool little radios.

That is the #1 reason I wanted one.I HATE extra channels & don't want any radio with even one extra channel in it.That is a BIG PLUS to me & it made the UNIDEN 980SSB the ONLY choice for me for a modern 40 Channel AM/SSB CB Radio.

SIX-SHOOTER

I would probably have several 980's if the channel mod was easily obtained. Cool little radios.

I agree 100%, it would be a perfect radio then. I did try a President Grant II which is really the same radio only the export version. Only problem was the audio had kind of an over processed monotone drone sound to it. Most of the locals I talked to hated the sound of it lol. Had to move it down the road.

Reactions: TheRATT
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.