• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking at getting a compact SSB rig for the compact car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to point this out...

Icom IC-7000
AM: 2µV
SSB: 0.15µV
FM: 0.5µV

Anytone AT-6666
AM:1.0 µV
SSB: 0.25µV
FM: 1.0µV

The damn AnyTone is better on AM out of the box before anyone even touched it!
It's not a damn Christmas miracle someone can make it better on those modes than this model Icom.
We are being trolled.

But I have to ask why he is here posting. After all, we are romper room.

Jesus Pete... let it die. These people rule by force of personality.
They can never prove it.
Their way of winning is to wear you down until you just don't want to argue anymore then declare victory. Don't fall into this crazy persons trap.

Edit: Not better on SSB but it is on AM. My bad.

The 980 with an RM Italy 203 plus a West Mountain Radio ClearSpeaker is what I’ve been recommending to fellow truck drivers. Hear, and get heard. (The DSP Speaker worth your time researching and considering). It will all run off of a 15A circuit.

I use a ClearSpeech DSP Base Module with every radio in my shack & a ClearSpeech DSP Speaker in my mobile.I hate noise & these units remove 90% of it so I can open the squelch & not be blown away by all of the useless unwanted noise.I even use one on my ICOM 7600 & even makes it a better received signal by far.As far as a good compact AM/SSB CB Mobile I just saw the New President McKinley last night & it is a very nice radio but I really love my UNIDEN 980SSB.Two great choices of LEGAL 40 Channel AM/SSB CB Mobiles.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Sonar and Slowmover
Anyone can hear the waffle. Don't need a special radio for that.
I prefer not to hear him myself.

Reactions: Sonar
1uV S/N @ 10db , 1.8 to 28.9MHz AM is significant ?

What about dynamic range?
Noise floor ?
AGC threshold ?
Dynamic range?

Really? There is really any comparison between an Anytone 6666 and an Icom IC-7000 that is at all meaningful? (other than a 1uV difference in AM RX sensitivity)

It's completely ridiculous to compare the two receivers.

Yes, it is.
But that's the mentality of Rabbi and Fine Tune CB.

All they care about is their hundredth of a microvolt. It's the microvolts man! and the watttsssssssss....

Reactions: Sonar and dave457
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.