• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LOOKING FOR A GOOD MIC.

Bobby , Great minds think a like ! Guess where I learned about the 10-Da head ? Yup ! Right here on this forum ! Thanks again for all your help WWDX ! Rwb , I love my Turner SSK ( usually for SSB ) but I always have to keep the contacts clean . Do you have this problem ? I use Deoxit but thinking of getting a burnishing file ??? :) 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
Bobby , Great minds think a like ! Guess where I learned about the 10-Da head ? Yup ! Right here on this forum ! Thanks again for all your help WWDX ! Rwb , I love my Turner SSK ( usually for SSB ) but I always have to keep the contacts clean . Do you have this problem ? I use Deoxit but thinking of getting a burnishing file ??? :) 73 & God Bless , Leo
357 mag- did you get the pic. of father in law in his dragster?

Moon , What a difference it will make ! Plenty of them on Ebay or just buy new ! Myself never had a problem w/one . Now I use my Silver Eagle w/ the push & squeeze bar . What a change it will make especially if you don't have an amp ! Might not be the best mic out there but they work ! They have better ones I'm just Old School !

well i use cr contac cleaner n an occasional shot cures. I thought about a d 104 and not against them .my first turner i got when president grants first came out.had cb shop intall my roadking on it.never had trouble till 1 day it wasnt keying up.20 years ago,shot of my cleaner n she went to work.mic cord rotted n the real porkchop sent me a new thick cord for it like the original.kinda sold me on turner mics

what's a 10-da head? the d104 is what I'm looking at. with or without a 9 volt battery type-- I don't know
The 10 DA head is better suited for side band as its audio is narrow. What radio are you going to use it on? The D104s that I have are the amplified type with the battery. The mic gain has an adjustment on the bottom of the stand and makes it easier to get the right amount of audio signal.

I am a bit partial to the Astatic D-104 myself.I currently only own 30 of them but that will change when I find another one I want at a great price.I don't know how to post pictures here so I can't show you. {:>( You may view a few of them in this FB Group & the ones at the top of the page with the Browning MK IV are some of mine. https://www.facebook.com/groups/199778953705834/photos/

SIX-SHOOTER

Moon , like Shade said . 10 Da also know as " Harp Head " (or Bullet Head ) models harmonica players used ( or similar ) but if are talking Am , no need for it . A regular amplified D 104 will suit your needs . My problem was on SSB using the stock head it picked up so much back ground noise if the dog farted in the room , the guy I was chatting with could hear it !:whistle::LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.