• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looks like 2 versions of the uniden 980 radios

sonoma

Sep 14, 2005
oklahoma
I have been looking at a 980 uniden radio and noticed there is 2 versions. one has a coarse and fine clarifier and the other just has a fine clarifier. has any one noticed this? was wondering which is the newest version of the radio. never noticed this before and a search on ebay for this radio you will see one of each there.
here is a picture of one on ebay for sale. the box shows a fine clarifier and then look at the radio and it shows a fine and coarse clarifier. it has it wrote on the radio and a dual stack control.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/cb-radio-U...h=item3fb74f9067:g:2sgAAOSwg5FcPjGI:rk:4:pf:0

Last edited:

I just noticed the 2 different radios on ebay this morning. I had never seen the dual control until I was looking at the 980 radios just for the heck of it.

I just noticed the 2 different radios on ebay this morning. I had never seen the dual control until I was looking at the 980 radios just for the heck of it.

I hadn't noticed it till you posted. Have Emailed Uniden and a couple of distributors about it.

We may be the only two in the dark. o_O Hope everyone's not laughing at us. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Attachments

• 980SSBTEST-REPORT-1665660.pdf
    696.3 KB · Views: 10
Here's a reply from CB World:

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting us!
We have recently been made aware of this!
The packaging does not show the dual (fine/course) clarifier however once you open the box it is indeed there.
we are not sure why it is not advertised on the packaging.
If you have any other questions please let us know!
CB World

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
And one wholesaler says they’ve stopped carried them, only possible to get them if you buy a whole case. And then that’s a big maybe still...

WTH is happening to this hobby?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.