• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Made in the USA

C2

Aug 3, 2005
Is there anything left?

I'd like to dedicate this thread to our own homegrown products. But, to be honest, I don't think I own anything that was made in the USA, except my attitude.

Just like the drug dealer who gives you samples, then cheap bags, then regular prices, then its so high you go into debt for it - then your hooked and eternally in debt to him. The Wal Martization is almost complete and our manufacturing base shattered. If Red China announced tomorrow the immediate stopping of all exports to America and withdrew every dime they had here we would be totally ruined.!

Hey Watchman, you're close.

The Chinese ALREADY OWN close to a quarter of the USA's TOTAL outstanding debt, in the form of US Treasury notes, bills, bonds etc. After all, what good are all those dollars outside the USA? You invest them (lend them) back in the USA and earn interest. We send them all we make to buy the stuff they make. And then they lend it back to us. With interest, natch.

The chinese wouldn't have to SELL their Treasury assets, all they'd have to do is STOP BUYING them. That's all.

If they stopped lending us back the bucks we sent over their by way of WallyWorld, that would do it, all alone. The US Government's daily borrowing to finance the deficit is a big, fat pipeline. You don't have to break it to cause havoc, just squeeze it a little, and the flow will decrease.

Trust me, the chinese own our government. Literally. On the record.

They needn't sell any of it off to wreak havoc, just SLOW DOWN the debt they buy. Wouldn't even have to stop, really.

And if you really want to manufacture anything here, don't worry about selling stock in your company. The incentives don't support that. Pay what americans need to be paid, and the stock analysts will crucify you. Your stock price will swirl down the toilet if they think you pay too much for labor. Ask anybody who works for an airline company that's over 10 years old.

Lordy, I better quit ranting while I'm ahead.

I think we can blame wally world and all their "Low prices" for helping the chinas industry grow. Ow yeah what about X mas? Ever notice that all and when I say all I mean all the decorations are made in china. They dont even have the holiday but they make all the decorations and oh yeah mostt of the crap that ends upunder the tree. I would realy like to buy as much american made stuff as I can but it seems that china has taken over. They own alot of the once good tool companys and electronic companys(we see this with all of the new radios)not to mention alot of other things that used to be made here :? Has anyone heard of the companys over in china making copys of american made products and selling them over here for cheaper? Its elegal but it hapens and puts many people out of jobs becouse people would rather buy the cheaper product. The thing is its not only cheaper in price but quality! Its realy sad if you ask me and if things keep going the way they are there wont be many jobs left at all or at least good paying ones. The american automobile companys are also taking a hard hit! Kinda odvious when they all start trying to sell cars for cheaper to increase sales. Well Ill shut up now, that my 2 cents worth.

and the moral of the story is ? ......and here I thought I had to much time on my hands ? I remember when I was I kid and we used to think because it said MADE IN JAPAN that it was crap !! little did we know at the time that it was really pretty good stuff !! Walmart ??? .......big damned deal !!! IM personally glad they have a few of there stores around the corner and down the street from me ......that means a poor guy like me can afford to have a few things. I've been told and have realized from time to time that I have had a little bit to much time on my hands (brain) from time to time......but at least I try and use that time for a more positive outlook rather then the opposite. I'd still rather live here in the good ole U S of A then anywhere else on this planet. Are the Chinese really taking anything away from you's personally ? or is it just something to bitch ,moan and grown about ? What can you personally do about it then ? ......I just don't get it with you guys some times ? Sure we are all intitled to our own opinions but as negative as life can surely be ......can't we find some way to live above the $hit rather then finding the time to live in it 24/7 ? Life is short fellows .......Is it really that bad ? Peace

linearone said:
Well not all the christmas decorations are made there. there is actually a legitimate christmas tree factory 2 towns over that employs locals.
One of the last few remaining i might add.

also, want to buy something american made for your cb radio hobby? buy a davemade, xforce,55, joemade, bo made, dillonbuilt, am power, joker, junkyard technology, dominator, loudmouth, depolis, fatboy, skullcracka, palomar, etc. product.

There's a plant near here called Rauch Industries that makes Christmas ornaments, too. I would hope it isn't the only American factory doing it. :(

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.