• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Many Canadian operators here?

k, commercially anyway

Three-year exemptions:
Commercial drivers in transport-related industries (e.g., school buses, taxis, couriers) and public service workers (e.g., transit and highway maintenance workers) rely on the use of certain types of wireless devices and display screen technologies in the performance of their duties.

To help these businesses stay competitive, Ontario granted a three-year exemption (ending January 1, 2013) to allow for hands-free technologies to be developed:

Hand-held two-way radios for commercial purposes, including mobile and CB radios.
Amateur radio operators, who assist emergency responders in situations such as severe storms and blackouts.
Review the full regulations in the Highway Traffic Act here.

Read scenarios that show how drivers can make a few simple changes to comply with the new law.

As a driver, your first responsibility is to drive safely. Focus on the task of driving, with your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

Reactions: 1 person
I’m in Mississauga, setting up a dipole. Is it me, or is there not much radio traffic here. I get nothing on any channels except some faint traffic on 19 and 9. I’m only 2k south of the 401 so I would have expected a lot of traffic on 19.

If you get on 38 ssb you will hear a bunch of loud mouths in Toronto:whistle:

Hi Gang ! I,am in south eastern Ontario base & mobile operations est;40+ years of radio fun . Talk a bit of am mobile too locals but mostly on ssb within 50 mile radious of home base . Try around 7 am or 7 pm on 27.575 lsb if you have extras usually catch some of the ssb group & when skip is in all north america & sometimes across the pond as well . I often monitering on 27.475 lsb or .575 would be glad to chatt if we hear you in their ! "Bob" Cordova Lucky 13 or Tango Sierra 1420 .

LOL...the reason i stay away from 385 :) Rogoooooooooooooo...stoners lol

In Welland....gotta be 9RC427, Mark...has a sweet location for sure

Yup was talking to Mark this mOrning from the Mobile, I was just above terra Nova on the hill and was talking to 407 outa Brampton and 427 in Welland, good guy to talk with!

Hi Gang ! I,am in south eastern Ontario base & mobile operations est;40+ years of radio fun . Talk a bit of am mobile too locals but mostly on ssb within 50 mile radious of home base . Try around 7 am or 7 pm on 27.575 lsb if you have extras usually catch some of the ssb group & when skip is in all north america & sometimes across the pond as well . I often monitering on 27.475 lsb or .575 would be glad to chatt if we hear you in their ! "Bob" Cordova Lucky 13 or Tango Sierra 1420 .

Hey Bob right on, my wifes Brother just bought a cottage on Lake Cordova, so will probably here you on sometime as I will be going up this year if the snow is good for some snowmobiling! 73's
Tin_Can (2117)

Yup was talking to Mark this mOrning from the Mobile, I was just above terra Nova on the hill and was talking to 407 outa Brampton and 427 in Welland, good guy to talk with!

Ya i caught him for a short....he was being hassled by a few ass-hats from 2. i tried swapping out freq with him a few times but they just wouldn't FO. :(

Hey Tin Can ; good stuff give me a shout when your in the area ! Stop in to Sams Place in cordova mines & they can give directions to my qth right next to library , always have coffee on . Cordova Lake is grate year round sure you,ll like it ! later Bob. cordova lucky 13 or T.S. 1420 ssb.

LOL...the reason i stay away from 385 :) Rogoooooooooooooo...stoners lol

In Welland....gotta be 9RC427, Mark...has a sweet location for sure

9RC427 the radio as it should be...not only dxing.
It is always a big particular pleasure
to answer to him when he is calling.
This afternoon another contact with Mark,
real good gentle man.
I am here many times,
I like to read the interesting posts
that here is easy to find
but it my first time I write something
just in honour of Mark,
because this kind of people give a soul
to the 11 meters band

I will have to try that. Every day I talk skip to the States usually use my 25ltd and 250 texas star. Have my 2950 but havent used it much

I’m in Mississauga, setting up a dipole. Is it me, or is there not much radio traffic here. I get nothing on any channels except some faint traffic on 19 and 9. I’m only 2k south of the 401 so I would have expected a lot of traffic on 19.

I'm in mississauga too, sounds like the same neighbourhood! I've been making a few contacts on 19, nothing crazy though considering the proximity to the 401/403/407

DAYUM,...... Theres still a few of you runnin around loose?

I thot I had caught all of you.

Attachments

• attachment99.jpg
    attachment99.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 24

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.