• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maxlog M-8800

Yeah power supply 10 amp or more , says 9 amp on the spec for the radio
england payed 322 usd (£197)
Going to get sirio GM
Going to run radio legal wattage our as near lol

I'm one of the old school power supply guys but about 2 weeks ago I bought a Mega Watt 36 amp switching supply off of ebay and really love it. Actually I have a Pyramid 52 sitting here doing nothing since I bought the Mega Watt. It's clean and does a good job, has 2 internal fans and never gets hot. I'm not saying it's the best around but for me it works very well and the price was right too

Got an email today from a radio guy talking about buying a 158EDX over the MaxLog 8800. Please remember apples and oranges are not the same. the 8800 is twice the radio the 158 is I have had both even the old 8800 I had was a champ over the 158EDX so spend your money as you please but me, I work hard for mine as far as I am concerened the 158 EDX is in the midland league not the export real radio league as the RCI or others. The MaxLog 8800 version 8 is twice the radio that 158 is.

I'm one of the old school power supply guys but about 2 weeks ago I bought a Mega Watt 36 amp switching supply off of ebay and really love it. Actually I have a Pyramid 52 sitting here doing nothing since I bought the Mega Watt. It's clean and does a good job, has 2 internal fans and never gets hot. I'm not saying it's the best around but for me it works very well and the price was right too

So I guess I should get a 20 amp power supply

Well ddef2 too big is way better than too little. Keep in mind at sometime you might want to run a small amp too so a 36 will do it all for a good price too

I've had a ham ticket for years but never tell anyone my location or numbers just my way of being a bit private who really wants everyone to know where you live your name address etc sorry I am not about that. F the nosey people

Sounds like maxlog have got it together with the latest 8800. When is the 8900 due?.Have to admit I sold my v3 so I could try one of the later models.I'm old school as well with my psu haven't found a switchmode yet that doesn't raise the noise floor somewhere on HF.Tucker have you tried that mega on the lower bands.

The only thing I have done it make sure they aren't damaged that the menu works and they have all the channels I did keep one for my self that was a runt of the litter needed a bit of a tune but works great now. Still have one left if your interested

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated