• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maxlog M-8800

Yeticomnz has version 6 with the mic gain on the outer echo ring.
They need to be turned up a bit to hit 40w on SSB but they do it well.
I plugged an S-45 mic into my version 6 and it works a treat, In fact it works real good. Plug and play dynamic or electret...that's pretty neat.
None of the anytones stayed this long on the bench...
Another strange thing is the clarifier..you can keep turning it and it goes and goes and goes...just loke the eveready bunny....start at 27.205 for example and you can surf right thru all the bands...as though the band switch does not exist..it tops out at 30 point something and stops. But you have got there with out touching the band switch...just like a VFO. Turn to the left and it takes you down to 25mhz in what ever steps you have it set for.
Set the clarifier function for rx only and voila..you can set split on the fly.
And just lie a VFO..when you turn the radio off it comes back where you left off.
if you started in Band C ch 20 and left it on 30mhz then from there on band C ch 20 will be that frequency until you use the clarifier or the programming to change it. Ever had a radio with two hundred plus VFO's before?
Hate to say it but this radio just continues to impress...

what radio is this??

clarifier

Similar to the one on the Cre 8900 you had Duster but it doesn't have any restrictions. They should swap it out with the channel selector and call it a VFO.
For some reason Maxlog has suspended shipments of radios..We have a lot on order and all we are getting is promises...He says he is working on improvements..I hope so..

Got some news MaxLog 8800 version 8 to hit the market very soon, I'll keep you posted as to what the difference is and how they work

Attachments

• MaxLog 8800 1-2013.jpg
    MaxLog 8800 1-2013.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: 1 person
Looks kind of like a cobra 29lx with a way better layout and looks like the knobs are made well. Hopefully they aren't loose. I hate loose knobs as in it sweeps left to right to easy. Makes it way too easy to bump off frequency with an unlocked clarifier. Anyway thanks for all reports.

Id buy this radio

This radio is not available anymore from what ive read ,
It does look like the cobra id buy it in a flash .
Are cobra going to make a new rig for the new uk norms ? they
should use the new cobra 29 chassis and looks like the max

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.