• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MIKE OF MIKE'S RADIO REPAIR

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to hijack the thread but Smokin Joe,AKA 442 built, has been MIA on videos too due to what I'm assuming is the same reason (trolls). They even doxxed him.
When I was looking at the Rocket Box FB link it suggested Joe. After clicking on his page it appears he's still posting, very busy, and commenting on the troll max mod issue.
my 0.02.
carry on!

I've watched a few of his videos. I usually watch Mr. Carlson's Lab. Dude knows his stuff and has high quality videos. TRX Bench is good, too, but hard to understand his accent.

I've watched a few of his videos. I usually watch Mr. Carlson's Lab. Dude knows his stuff and has high quality videos. TRX Bench is good, too, but hard to understand his accent.
I follow both on YouTube are very very good channels (but Mr carlson is being focusing on pantreon audience more and more I think, which is fine, it's his time and effort, if he wants and can do that) . TRX Bench in my opinion, is the best and most didactic channel for Ham radio in youtube. His accent is fine and easier to understand for non native English speakers (believe me). You should listen mine lol.

I just sent Mike a 2510 that I had just re-capped and ended up having problems with. It was beyond my capabilities. I dropped the radio off at the post office late saturday (Nov. 30th) afternoon. I just got the paypal invoice this evening Dec 4th. Radio was complete. It was gone less than a week. He seems to be fine and rocking and rolling. Maybe to some Napalm Death!

I just sent Mike a 2510 that I had just re-capped and ended up having problems with. It was beyond my capabilities. I dropped the radio off at the post office late saturday (Nov. 30th) afternoon. I just got the paypal invoice this evening Dec 4th. Radio was complete. It was gone less than a week. He seems to be fine and rocking and rolling. Maybe to some Napalm Death!
Welcome! Glad to hear Mike is still doing his thing.

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Mike is okay but charges too much I think. I live on a limited income and cant afford his services.

Somethings going on. He did a recap of a 2000 for me. Had it for the normal amount of time. Invoiced me. I paid and got the radio back... with a non working clock/freq counter. I emailed him. Nada. Silence.

I can't say Mike and I were best pals but we were on good terms. He's worked on a few of my other radios. I let him use my.other 2000 to video for his YouTube diode expose. It's not like him to do poor quality work THEN not deal with it or even respond.
I've.been thinking the worst myself.
Well he tried to soak me for 325.00 to fix my johnson 4740 knowing that I'm on a limited income. He finally lowered it but still....

Thanks for turning me on to these videos. I had never heard of the guy but have since I’ve watched a bunch and will no doubt watch them all.

Aside from the technical aspects, I like how candid he is and his laughter at some of what comes across his bench; therein lies some entertainment value.

I’d sure like to see him making more, but hey, with the way people are I can’t blame him one bit for pulling the plug. It was mighty gracious to make any videos in the first place.

From what I’ve seen I wouldn’t hesitate to have him look at a rig, that’s for sure.

Well he tried to soak me for 325.00 to fix my johnson 4740 knowing that I'm on a limited income. He finally lowered it but still....
I understand what you are saying, my radio budget ain't what it used to be since my wife quit her teaching job to take care of her mother full time. Bench time is at a premium but there are fewer and fewer techs that can do this and take mail in work. I am saving my pennies up to have another radio sent out maybe this spring.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.