• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile antenna mounts

I would like to thank North America for having our winter for us. Been quite toasty here. Not a single drop of snow all winter where I am here in northern England and even most nights have been frost free.

You are welcome. We decided we had enough bitching and whining about the massive traffic jams caused by 3-4 inches of snow over there so we decided to give both of us a break. :D

Oh.....bottomed out at -22C last night. :censored: That's -8F for the metrically challenged brethren south of the border.

Reactions: 1 person
We had -22C last winter. The UK put up the "Closed" sign as the country ground to a halt. It saddens me what a state this country has come to. Schools now close because there's a bit of ice on the ground because of "health and safety". When I was at school 30 odd years ago the only times they closed was if the heating packed in.

If you want to successfully invade the UK turn up with a clipboard and a hi-viz vest.

My daily driver is a Ford Focus hatchback. The rear glass extends all the way to the corner of the hatch lid.

I ordered a Hustler MBM 5" mag mount today. Full report coming soon. Stay tuned

2z4cy0m.jpg

We had -22C last winter. The UK put up the "Closed" sign as the country ground to a halt. It saddens me what a state this country has come to. Schools now close because there's a bit of ice on the ground because of "health and safety". When I was at school 30 odd years ago the only times they closed was if the heating packed in.

If you want to successfully invade the UK turn up with a clipboard and a hi-viz vest.
A whole -22?? I've been working outside for the last month where that may become the daytime high, more chances than not it was lower.

A whole -22?? I've been working outside for the last month where that may become the daytime high, more chances than not it was lower.

I was waiting for someone to say that. You guys in the central part of the country or western region other than the coast really know what cold is. You can have it BTW.

I would like to thank North America for having our winter for us. Been quite toasty here. Not a single drop of snow all winter where I am here in northern England and even most nights have been frost free.

Not a problem. We've been slacking off for the last few years so it was time to play catch-up. ;) Not us in Arizona, mind you, just the rest of the country. :)

I'm currently using a strong 4" dia magnetic mount for my 64" stainless whip, but have some concerns about theft.. I would like to switch to a Firestik Mk-274 hatchback mount, but don't want to drill holes in my daily driver.

My question is if anybody here has used the BRC Antenna B-200 mount sold on eBay? (B200 Black Mount for CB HAM Radio car Mobile Antenna Trunk LID Hatchback door) It looks like a nice unit.

ps--hello, my name is Roger That, and I'm new here. I didn't see an introduce 'yourself here' forum

look in to breedlove mounts but the quick easy way is the k40 mag,lip and permanent mount all in one

Hard to steal mine as my roof is at 8ft 9in at top lol, I would love to catch someone on top Trying to take my antenna they would get the ride of Their life lol.

Mount for Firestik KW7

Does anyone know if the Firestik K-4 Pro Stud Mount is strong enough for use with the the Firestik 7-ft antenna (KW7)?

I've E-mailed the company have never received a reply.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.