• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mobile antenna to base !

What do you mean by make a cable?? If you mean replacing the existing coax, I am not sure how easy it is with the k40, I took one apart (tried to anyway) and had no luck.

The wire?? Do you mean the coax? If so, add a barrel connector and add as much coax as you need.

Adding a barrel connector and some coax shouldn't affect the swr, unless there is another issue already present.

My friends i put the antenna on a pice of metal i done the ground plane on the roof of my hous ( 15 meter ) i put an car amp ( for my signal ) an now my swr are 1.4 -1.5 and my range is about 60 km (i have talk with someone about 60 i believe i have more range ) :D only with a k40 thnak you very much !!

today i add a barrel connector and about 35 ft coax and my swr now is about 3.3 -3.4
:( what is wrong ?? with out barrel is about 1.4 but it isn't as high as i want !! :( :(

Last edited:
Maybe the barrel connector is bad?? I am not sure. I added coax to my setup like yours and had no issues. Hope you get it sorted

hallo i am new and i have some questions !!! :D
can i use a mobile antenna for base station ??

sorry for my english

stathis, your English is good enough, but when I first read this thread...I thought this question was right up my ally and maybe I could help you a little. I see no reason that your using shortened and resonant mobile antennas should not produce just about as good of results if you understand what you have to do to make a 1/4 wave ground plane antenna, and put it together correctly.

Over the years I have used the following to produce a homemade version of a 1/4 wave base type antenna with 3 - 102" whips as radial elements, 1 - 102" stainless steel whip as a radiator, mounted on a mobile L-bracket mirror mount, and a A99 radial hub mounted below for the radials like noted below. You could substitute your mobile antennas if they are resonant at 27.205 mhz, or close.

Marconi 02 hub of antenna.JPG

Marconi 3- radials 1.JPG

Both of these antennas installed at 18' feet or higher work very well, and when I get either up to 40' feet they work just about as good as any other antenna I have at or near the same height to the tip.

Your claim that the coax is "new," has nothing to do with it showing >3.00:1 SWR. Something is wrong...and that is the only issue you have to consider and to correct.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.