• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

more questions about the Ameritron 811H and other AMPS

Yes Ron, the "AUX" position is for both 10m and 12m. If the bandswitch does not physically rotate to that position, look on the switch for a small bolt that acts as a stopper and prevents it from rotating that far. It may not have that on it but I have seen some switches that do. I actually have some ceramic RF switches that are 18 position switches but can be anything from 2-18 positions depending on the placement of a small stopper bolt and nut.

Reactions: unit_399
The input circuit for each band and the band selector's input side are on a large printed circuit board bolted to the cabinet's rear panel. Can't remember which input coil is for 10 meters, but it will be the one with the least amount of wire visible on it. A green wire will come from that coil, the other end connected to ground. Clip this wire at the ground end to activate 10 meters.

The wire is usually green, anyway. If I can find a picture I'll check back in with it.

The Green wire.
image.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.