1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

MOSFET conversions for upD858 and MB8719 boards

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by ExitThirteen, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Onelasttime

Onelasttime Well-Known Member

I run 2 of them and I forked over the money long ago for 2 spare 2SC1969's and 1307's. These guys are over 30 years old and have their original finals in them so not like you need to keep 10 of these in the drawer for personal use. How many finals do you go through in your radio's. These "mod's" make perfect sense for a shop trying to turn a profit but not for someone that might need to buy 1 final in a radio's life time!

2. Onelasttime

Onelasttime Well-Known Member

I only get upset with people doing this hunting for watts when what they need to do is leave it alone if working and install a cheap linear.

3. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

I tell them to save the money they would spend hot-rodding the radio and spend it on a linear.

That way they can get "Watts per dollar" for what they spend.

Beefing up the radio's power will cost "Dollars per Watt".

Kinda like comparing "Miles per gallon" to "Gallons per mile".