1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-band 40m-10m end fed wire, work for 11m?

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by Titan7, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Titan7

Titan7 New Member

So I have a end fed dipole I use for 40-10M on my ICom 7300, rather than putting up another antenna for 11m can I just use this antenna for my 11M radio too? I think LDG makes a generic tuner I could use with the 11M radio? The antenna resonates on 40-20-15-10m I believe.

Thanks

2. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

Try it and tell us if it will work. That's my way of playing with antennas. ;)

midnight special likes this.
  3. Hurricane145

Hurricane145 Active Member

It would probably work but just how well is the big question.
    For the cost of the tuner you might be able to buy a regular CB base antenna.

4. HomerBB

HomerBB Sr. Member

I have an EFHW 80-10m up. I use it occasionally on 11 m, however, I find the resonant 11m vertical dipole works better.