• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Multi band delta loop beam

some of the data number don't add up...........how does a 15.4 foot boom have a 4.2 turning radius?

13.3 dBi on both 15 and 20?

perhaps I am missing something

looks well made, but,..... I'm not even gonna try to figure out the price in US$

Last edited:
I just found it interesting since I had never seen a multiband delta loop beam like that. Quads ys, but deltas, no. And I am guessing euro to US dollars is about 1300 bucks?

Brett

looks just like a Maco V-quad 11m antenna with more bands added
i1003909.jpg

Reactions: wavrider and 2RT307
some of the data number don't add up...........how does a 15.4 foot boom have a 4.2 turning radius?

13.3 dBi on both 15 and 20?

perhaps I am missing something

looks well made, but,..... I'm not even gonna try to figure out the price in US$

They used feet for the boom length and meters for the turn radius. Silly Italianos. Next the'y be trying to sell us amplifiers.

turning radius would be 2.1m. half boom length!. And the gain figures look a bit strange to.More gain on 15m and 20m than 10m ,even though its 3el on 10 and 2 on 15 and 20.

turning radius would be 2.1m. half boom length!. And the gain figures look a bit strange to.More gain on 15m and 20m than 10m ,even though its 3el on 10 and 2 on 15 and 20.

Close but you have to take into account how wide it is as well. Half the boom length would apply if it did not have any elements. One of my antennas, a Cushcraft A3WS for 12/17m, has a boom length of 14 feet but a turning radius of 14.4 feet due to the element length. The other has a 14 foot boom as well but a turning radius of 21 feet. Good old Pythagoras had that one covered with his theorem. (y)

Spiderbeam is fine, but I wouldn't use it as permanent antenna.
After having dozens of different HF antennas I strongly suggest to use full size beams mono or multi band. No traps, lossless matching, always resonant where it should be.
To buy: http://ant-depot.com/index.php rock solid performance and build quality.
To buy or build by yourself: http://sp3gem.smoczyk.pl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=63 and http://sp3gem.smoczyk.pl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=78&Itemid=62
For those two antennas all dimensions are given and it can be built at home.

KLM KT34XA but that is really pricey one - dunno why, because in Poland it was sold second hand for 300-400$ :)
A friend of mine have KLM, but as we tested multiple times GB312 outperforms KLM at the same height. I heard and worked DX a little over backround noise, he heard only background hiss.
Mike

Reactions: 2RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?