• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new 8 element 2 meter quad.

I called them (Cubex Quad) and placed an order on the phone. Took my CC info and said it would ship in a week, at which time my card would be charged. Been close to TWO MONTHS. I've left 5-6 voicemails and several emails. Haven't heard a peep from them. Have no idea what's up with that. They've been in business nearly 50 years.

I dont know what you were running before but if it's an omni you should definitely see a big improvement and hopefully have no trouble working your friends on simplex.

I think I still need a couple grids in Ohio on 2m. Whenever I finally get off the road from working I will have to check my map and see if I have EM89.. think I do??

I have worked South Dakota,Kansas,Michigan,Minnesota,Colorado,Canada,Puerto Rico,Cuba & many many more on 2 meters but never once have I worked EM89 on 2 meters? Hopped all around it but not once? LOL

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb
I only ran two meter SSB/CW for a few months. I mean, I've had SSB capable rigs for a long time, but only used a yagi for a short time. I had a Cushcraft 13B2 flatside. It was at 36 feet and I used an ICOM 706. I made lots of contacts, mostly in the morning when I got home from midnight shift. I never worked West of the Mississippi. I enjoyed it. Several of the dudes worked like I did, so we talked almost daily. Had a weekly CW net that was fun. I'll try DX again, but my quad is mainly to work some locals that I can't hear on 146.460. Everyone is on verticals.

Reactions: Blackcat630 and Rwb
What are you getting for a transverter?

I had hoped to get my FT-857D on 2m SSB with axpair of 13B2's but that didn't happen again this year. Maybe next year I will TWO good knees and get everything up.
Capt, 1 of those ones out of the Ukraine that does about 10 watts. height is might and on top of a mountain of some sort should get me some range.

I called them (Cubex Quad) and placed an order on the phone. Took my CC info and said it would ship in a week, at which time my card would be charged. Been close to TWO MONTHS. I've left 5-6 voicemails and several emails. Haven't heard a peep from them. Have no idea what's up with that. They've been in business nearly 50 years.

They are now owned by Tennadyne & I get an answer to my emails within hours unless it's late at night? Maybe something is up with them? I will send them an email just to see if they reply.They always answer the phone as well?

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb
I appreciate if you'd do that. Don't understand why no return calls/emails, especially after taking my CC info.
sounds like fedex with my new dual band transciever.been setting at olathe,kansas a week. They run a nite run n a day run to joplin mo where fedex comes to me fro.called daily sos its on the way,im like which way? Almost tempted to drive there its 135 miles from my house.juust got conformmation its in joplin mo area???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated