1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a little extra security?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by Tallman, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

The security chain is lockable from the outside of your house. Slip the lock through the chain that is on the door close the pad lock and it will keep an honest person out of your house.
    My alarm system does not have a time delay and it sounds the alarm immediately.
    I have some snoopy people that like to come in the house when I'm not home. This little trick stops them from coming in and doing anything at all. I even make it hard for them to pick the lock by keeping the chain short and when the door opens you can barely put your key in to the lock. Also works on interior doors to keep people out of your radio shack or man cave.

[​IMG]

357magnum and PA770 like this.

2. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

What witchcraft is this that you present to us? Do normal locks not work? Explain, I am confused.

3. Tallman

One neighbor has a set of lock picks and, no the door knob lock and the dead bolt do not keep them out. People here are scared of them, I am not. I will catch them in the act on video and I will put them away either in jail or a pine box.

357magnum likes this.
  4. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

FWIW those Master locks can be opened just by staring at them long enough. :ROFLMAO: Well not QUITE that easily but they are super easy to pick. Don't ask me how I know that. :whistle: After finding out just how easy they were to pick.........as little as 3 seconds with a Sparrows pick set......again don't ask me how I know that :whistle:......I switched all my padlocks to six or even seven pin BEST locks.

psycho, 357magnum and Mudfoot like this.
  5. TheRealPorkchop

Uh, where you live at? I couldn’t handle that, there’d be a pile of dead neighbors around there...

I won’t ask how you know that, I’ll just say I think maybe I should change some of my locks...

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  6. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Google lock bumping. It is a sport in the UK. Lol

#6 Shadetree Mechanic, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    357magnum likes this.
  7. Tallman

As tight as the space is I doubt picking it would be as easy as you think. There are also two cameras on the back door. The lock has been upgraded since that picture was taken. That little padlock is what they refer to as a "Live" lock. Rake the pins while you are turning it with lever it will pop open. The new locks are round and not live and are cut resistant.
    They were not photographed for security reasons.
    Also stated above it will keep an honest person out, the others get videoed and marked for deletion from the gene pool.

#7 Tallman, Nov 16, 2018
    357magnum and Captain Kilowatt like this.
  8. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

And don't move in next door o me. :ROFLMAO:

357magnum likes this.
  9. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

Indeed they are super easy to open. I opened one at work for a guy who left his shop keys in his locker. I made a pick from a plastic wire tie and used a jewellers screwdriver jammed into the key-way to turn it while raking the pins. It took about 10 seconds to open the Master lock. LOL

Anybody concerned about lock security should look for bosnianbill on Youtube. He is a security expert from Merrifield Virginia and does security contract work for the US federal government among other agencies. You will soon learn just how easy certain locks can be picked and which ones give even the experts trouble.

Ooooops.....I forgot Bills website where you can find out which locks are among the best for residential use etc.

https://locklab.com/

#9 Captain Kilowatt, Nov 16, 2018
  10. Tallman

Now I am pi$$ed I spent a load of cash on Freakin' Master CROCKS and they are that easy to get past! Well at least I have the cameras!

11. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

You should install some fake locks that are super glued. Or maybe just put the 120v hot wire on the inside door knob. Lol

357magnum and Tallman like this.
  12. TheRealPorkchop

Well honk my hooter. That easy to pick a Master lock huh? SOB.

Is it that easy or is it that he’s that experienced? I guess you’re just lifting the tumblers and keeping pressure on them by trying to turn it until you finally have them all lifted, right?

357magnum likes this.
  13. Tallman

You put tension on it with the lever and then you rake the tumblers. I made a lock pick and got past my lock in 45 seconds. The stainless steel from wiper blades what you can use. And I have never picked a lock before in my life.

#13 Tallman, Nov 16, 2018
    Captain Kilowatt and 357magnum like this.
  14. Tallman

I can see the internals of a HEI ignition wired up to the door knob!

15. TheRealPorkchop

Holy crap. That’s unbelievable. So yet again locks are for honest people.

357magnum likes this.