• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need a little extra security?

And if you think that's bad, many homes are not always "double braced" at their doors.

If you remember Nicolas Cage in National Treasure, they used a jack to pry the door past the boltaction.

There are several "wanderers" in our area that know how to get into garages without having to even pick a lock - they just "jamb" the wrist to the knob and use the shoulder and forearm to widen the gap - pop - they're in. Silent too.

We have to use slide bolts because of these characters.

They're easy enough to spot, various disguises, Meter Reader (with no reader) onto look like Lawn Care workers, but wear GLOVES all the time - hides fingerprints.

They're out there...

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Well honk my hooter. That easy to pick a Master lock huh? SOB.

Is it that easy or is it that he’s that experienced? I guess you’re just lifting the tumblers and keeping pressure on them by trying to turn it until you finally have them all lifted, right?

Master locks generally have NO security pins which are shaped differently than the normal little cylinder shaped pins. They make it harder to set the pins in the proper position along the shear line of the cylinder thus making it harder to pick. Using the right pick it can take only a few seconds to open a standard Master lock by just rocking the pick up and down while applying light tension to rotate the cylinder.

Master locks generally have NO security pins which are shaped differently than the normal little cylinder shaped pins. They make it harder to set the pins in the proper position along the shear line of the cylinder thus making it harder to pick. Using the right pick it can take only a few seconds to open a standard Master lock by just rocking the pick up and down while applying light tension to rotate the cylinder.

Wow. Just wow. And all this time I thought it was pick-proof.

No I kinda doubt that too. You’re right, TV makes a lot of things look ridiculous.

I guess yet again, locks are for honest people. Or maybe really lazy thieves.

20180713_072132.jpg
20180713_072035.jpg
20180211_042312.jpg

When im home thats my locks.when im gone a badazz red austrailian sheppard awaits anybody who wants in

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.