I recently picked up a 1990 model cobra 29 Ltd for very cheap, I’m not much of an Am’er, but I thought what the heck I’ll try out one of these Philippines cobra 29’s... it is dirty looks like it has sat up for years etc, in poor to fair cosmetic condition. So I pull of the covers, spend 15 mins looking it over, it looks fairly untouched, d11 is clipped, one coil is just slightly spread. The slug is still in l14. But it does look like somebody has messed with l17 because the core was sticking about halfway above the top of the can and the plastic threads had come up with it. So I plug it in and fire it up. it powers on, the channel display is a little flaky . A couple of segments arnt lighting up. I have noise coming out of my external speaker. But I have no tx, no carrier or modulation. So I do the classical hack shack parts shotgunning right off the bat.... so I spend the next two hours changing every single electrolytic cap in the radio.i used new rubycon and Nichicon capacitors, and about 3 or 4 of those cheap jwc ones. So once I’m finished, I fired it up again. And the exact same thing, which I’m really not surprised. So then I I decided to replace the driver and final, 1957 and 2078 is what I used even though I’m pretty sure the old ones where still good. Still no tx. Then I cleaned the cb/pa switch with deoxit, then loosened and retightned all the board screws. The rx/tx light does turn to red when I key the mic, and when I switch to pa mode, and plug speaker into pa jack I do get audio. The radio does have at least some receive I could hear my self when Tx on another radio the was connected to a dummy load. Although it was somewhat distorted sounding. And not very loud. I guess it’s down to real trouble shooting now, I’ve run out of parts to through at it lol.