• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need info on Footwarmer Amplifier

Buck6

Feb 11, 2010
Would anybody have any information on this brand of amp, I would like to have a service manual or diagram I think someone has the wrong tubes installed in this amp it has 36KD6 tubes in it now and I think it needs 30KD6 tubes I have checked the web with no luck any inf is very appreciated.

Attachments

• Dec 13 2009 - VID00003_1.jpg
    Dec 13 2009 - VID00003_1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 792
  • Dec 13 2009 - VID00002_1.jpg
    Dec 13 2009 - VID00002_1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 618

Would anybody have any information on this brand of amp, I would like to have a service manual or diagram I think someone has the wrong tubes installed in this amp it has 36KD6 tubes in it now and I think it needs 30KD6 tubes I have checked the web with no luck any inf is very appreciated.

Did anyone notice that the amplifier does not have any TRANSFORMER?

I worked on one of those things, It uses a voltage quadrupler to step up the line voltage to provide B+ for the tubes; if it ever fails to light the tubes but does "Turn on", look for a burnt trace on the circuit board.

If, it has High Voltage and put out 50 to 100 watts, you are doing great.

When you worked on yours, do you remember what the correct tubes number that it took, I think someone has replaced the tubes in the one I am working on with the wrong ones and also changed the resistor values to compensate for voltage

When you worked on yours, do you remember what the correct tubes number that it took, I think someone has replaced the tubes in the one I am working on with the wrong ones and also changed the resistor values to compensate for voltage

I really don't remember which tubes it had in it, check you voltage on pins 1 and 11. The AC comes in through the switch and goes to the printed circuit board where the tube sockets are located, if the voltage for the tubes have been changed, it will have to be in that path.

Because there is no transformer, the tube heaters are wired in series and powered off the AC line. The ones I've seen had four tubes and used 30KD6, Since that tube had 30 volt heaters the four worked off 120 volts. Looks like yours has two tubes in it and they would require a resistor to drop down to 60 volts to feed two 30KD6 tubes.

If the tubes don't lite, check for heater continuity on the tubes with an ohm meter. If one is open, the resistor is probably too low in resistance. If the tubes check good you probably have an open resistor that may require a higher wire wound wattage.

30KD6 Tubes on Footwarmer.

They are definitely 30KD6's. Sorry about not replying but this is the first I saw of it. I need some help from you. I have that same amp, and the coil that connects to the 2 plates. I need to know where the other end of that coil goes to. It came off. My email is:gjenginger@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Greg

A 30KD6 and a 36KD6 are identical to the regular 6KD6 except for the filament voltage. You can use any of them in the same circuit if you allow for the difference in filament voltage.

They are definitely 30KD6's. Sorry about not replying but this is the first I saw of it. I need some help from you. I have that same amp, and the coil that connects to the 2 plates. I need to know where the other end of that coil goes to. It came off. My email is:gjenginger@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Greg

Which Plates(?) and, which Coil; pictures would help a great deal.

We call that one the widowmaker.

The transformer in a real amplifier isolates the amplifier's metal chassis from the power pole outside your house.

This one uses tiny ceramic-disc capacitors to do the same thing.

Yeah, they're a lot cheaper.

And a LOT more dangerous.

Playing russian roullette doesn't mean you'll always lose.

Just eventually.

Reactions: Dmans
We call that one the widowmaker.

The transformer in a real amplifier isolates the amplifier's metal chassis from the power pole outside your house.

This one uses tiny ceramic-disc capacitors to do the same thing.

Yeah, they're a lot cheaper.

And a LOT more dangerous.

Playing russian roullette doesn't mean you'll always lose.

Just eventually.

No wonder I've always had a grounding problem with it. (SHIT)! It looks just like the red and grey colored one that Buck6 has posted.

I have one of these that sometimes I have used over the last 25 years and it still works good. Is this thing dangerous?

If you drop it on your feet that could be dangerous plus taking the cover off and looking into the amp with a long chain around your neck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated