• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need suggestions on a radio... AM/SSB

Haha well Im listening to you guys. lol I'll have an Optima Mk3. DNB can get them around 300 he said, so I'll see whats what. And Im sure He'll tune it up

Just order the one from eBay. It doesn't need tuning. Your just putting money in his pocket. Plus, you'll save money. DTB isn't going to warranty the radio anyways, nor will the eBay sellers.

Only way to get any warranty at all, is to buy it direct from Yeticom.

It's your money, do as you wish.

Never thought about that... these radios dont need any alignment neither? lol Once again reason I ask is that I have found a few posts where guys had to wait when they ordered from Yeti themselves and because the guys had a delay, Dave at Yeti tuned/peaked them for free as a gesture.

Dave did that because the radio was backordered I believe. Dave will also convert it for you, which is no big deal, as it's easy. I can also link you to anecdotal posts on the web where Dave tells other users to bump the AMC up, do to a few complaints of weak AM audio. Chances are, these users are expecting ballsy, loud assed audio. You know the wankers I speak of, I trust your not a AM audio wanker. The radio is a damn good one. However, it's entirely possible to get a turd, it happens. I buy so many radios that MY ratio of turds in a box are higher in comparison to other users on here. Presently, I have 9 CB's and exports sitting on my desk alongside my various HAM rigs. 95% of the time, the coax is on the back of my Optima. I like it so much I ordered another one for my car.

The Optima is nice because it's devoid of the echo, reverb and roger beep nonsense. The only thing I wished it had, is CW capability, as that's my main mode of talking to my nephews and long time friends.

I am not a technical guru, just a simple dumbass that was first licensed as a 13 year old punk in 1974. I have had many HF, CB and exports rigs over the years and can quickly spot a big turd within a few minutes of operating it.

Yeticom uses express shipping with tracking, which is why post is expensive, but it comes very quickly. he can send it much cheaper, but you'll experience delays and possible customs shit. Check out the eBay seller camaor1 linked. The dude takes "best offers" he got his for $260.00 plus $15.00 S&H.

BUY the Optima....If'n you don't like it Tucker442 might buy it from you. :D

Thanks guys... Is there any way to know how much I bumped the AMC? Or just turn it a bit? If you want link me to some of those posts and I'll look into bumping it up

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.