• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Never let a great disaster go to waste

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
After that fire,gas ,diesel and oil prices jump. Im so happy we dont waste a disaster to create another 1.
We got more oil than ever but greed controls that,why are we exporting our oil? Piss on the rest of the world they can scrounge for oil. Thats my opinion

Why would Canada want to ship oil East? Austria, France, England or Spain or Maybe Greece or Morocco? where and why? I wonder sometimes if those countries to the East of Canada would be in a good position to protect Canada if things went to Hell? I know we would all support protecting Canada and putting our young men and women lives on the line to do so and that includes Mexico. Name another country in a better position to do anything for Canada or any country that would drop what they are doing to even try? There are many good reasons why a country that borders the most powerful country in the world would want to do business with that country it's nothing but being a good neighbor.

I use l.p.gas.i ffiilled both tanks lst month for $0.95 a gallon.normally i use 600 gallon per year.this low price i filled my 500 and my 1000 gallon tanks but only 1200 gallon tanks fill to 80%
As for canada there is a line i think should be dropped but our leaders disaagree. Both countrys are run simular,dont see huge lines waiting on either side to enter either country,not like mexico to usa. Our leaders could do us much better

Why would Canada want to ship oil East? Austria, France, England or Spain or Maybe Greece or Morocco? where and why? I wonder sometimes if those countries to the East of Canada would be in a good position to protect Canada if things went to Hell? I know we would all support protecting Canada and putting our young men and women lives on the line to do so and that includes Mexico. Name another country in a better position to do anything for Canada or any country that would drop what they are doing to even try? There are many good reasons why a country that borders the most powerful country in the world would want to do business with that country it's nothing but being a good neighbor.

Canada's oil is in the western provinces. Almost all is in Alberta and Saskatchewan. I live in Nova Scotia on the east coast. The largest refinery in Canada is in Saint John New Brunswick also on the east coast. There currently is no pipeline east of Montreal Quebec. That's what I meant about shipping it east.........to the eastern end of the country. Not export it.

What's the average cost of gasoline in your area? How do you heat your home?

Current prices for regular gasoline here is $1.126 per litre which works out to about CDN$ 4.26 for a US gallon. For an Imperial gallon which is what we use it works out to CDN$5.11 No idea what home heating fuel is. I have a large ducted heat pump and will be installing a pellet stove this fall. Already have the site survey etc scheduled for October.

Current prices for regular gasoline here is $1.126 per litre which works out to about CDN$ 4.26 for a US gallon. For an Imperial gallon which is what we use it works out to CDN$5.11 No idea what home heating fuel is. I have a large ducted heat pump and will be installing a pellet stove this fall. Already have the site survey etc scheduled for October.
i kinda figured thats what you were saying cptn,if our leaders on both ssides would yaank ttheir heafs out of their azzez we could cure that problem.but we know there are greeedy azzez on both sides,we couuld send say 100000 barrels crude to you on east side and on west side you send us the same amount back.simple,easy but wait the greedy gets cut out

Well Capt , no disrespect but I for one didn't want that pipe line ! Looks like your oil is cheaper here if they process it into gasoline , here in Ri it's $2.37 a Gallon & I'm sure it's cheaper in other states . So maybe Canada should keep their oil & give it's citizens a price break ?:whistle:;):) IMO

Rwb...$0.95 a gallon for LP Gas, what a deal. It's three times that here in NC. :confused: It would be nice if you guys would send some LP gas East to us like Capt. K suggested for oil in Canada. Maybe we just have price gougers in business here.

We've got a 500 gallon tank but don't use all of it in a winter. Lots of wood goes through the stove here.

353470236.jpg

Yeah having enough gas and oil is a good thing indeed. While looking for property in Northern Idaho me and Bruno (the wonder dog) got caught in a blizzard on top of a platow on a mountain, raining snow, ice, water, you name it, and low on gas not really knowing exactly were we was. I had two five gallon plastic gas cans that had the federally mandated communist pouring spout and such. After 20 mins I put the two gas cans of gas in the gas tank. A fired up the engine up to warm up the cab, Bruno said he was getting cold and to hurry up, OK I said.

Just down the road a few miles was a mom and pop gas station, I stopped in to gas it up, and guy was there and told me of a cheaper gas place about 20 miles away. I said no thanks I am from LA more money than brains. ( no dough ) Paid the bill got a burger for Bruno and I, I lost half of mine to Bruno, yeah... Never felt so good to have a full tank of gas, while smelling like gas, and know were to go. Even in a blizzard.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

Rwb...$0.95 a gallon for LP Gas, what a deal. It's three times that here in NC. :confused: It would be nice if you guys would send some LP gas East to us like Capt. K suggested for oil in Canada. Maybe we just have price gougers in business here.

We've got a 500 gallon tank but don't use all of it in a winter. Lots of wood goes through the stove here.

353470236.jpg
Looks great! A straight stack of firewood in the summer is like money in the bank. Even though it is a lot of work. Firewood is the only fuel that heats you twice.

Well Capt , no disrespect but I for one didn't want that pipe line ! Looks like your oil is cheaper here if they process it into gasoline , here in Ri it's $2.37 a Gallon & I'm sure it's cheaper in other states . So maybe Canada should keep their oil & give it's citizens a price break ?:whistle:;):) IMO

Fuel here is taxed to death. Prices wouldn't be too bad if it were not for the various taxes. IIRC over 40 percent of the price is various taxes at one government level or another.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.