• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Am / Fm Handheld

Shadetree Mechanic

Delaware Base Station 808
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)
Giving President a run for their money.

Reactions: Eldorado828

I bought one of these and had to send it back. Neat radio, nice build, quality in the Fm mode. Am, not so much. I discovered that in am mode, it received well. But am tx was actually Fm. I emailed them and talked to them on the phone. At first the guy tried to say that if I was listening on a CB radio, it's a problem with my radio. So I had to explain to him that it's not my radio, it sounds great in Fm, except it's supposed to be am. Then he said ok, I could send it back and they would see if it can be repaired, and I said no. It was this was out of the box. Then he said he could exchange it, but the new one would most likely be the same way. The same way? How would he know that? Apparently I am not the first person, and this is a known problem.

And they are still selling them with this problem.......

Update:
I found this is on Amazon now, took a chance and got one. Hoping they fixed the problem, easy return if not.

Got it and checked it out, the AM tx is AM now, so that's great news. The modulation could be a little higher, but I have no idea how to get into the service menu. The AM is usable, and the FM sounds great so I will keep it. This is the smallest handheld cb available.

Wouxun KG-S72C Portable Handheld AM/FM CB Radio w/USB-C Charging Port

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDP37FMX?tag=worradfor-20

Reactions: Rwb
TRS had some Albrecht AE 2990's a couple weeks ago for $280.
If you search in Europe they are still for sale but not cheap.

18 in stock when I posted this.

There is a FB group dedicated to these radios with lots of users.

Jeff

When the heck are they going to make a hand held with AM,FM, & SSB ? Just more of the same Crap !
If you want a handheld with AM/FM/SSB (like a heap of us do) then I suggest sending an email to Anytone/Qixiang to let them know. They are interested, and could do with more market feedback to make it a reality. Let them know guys!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.