• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New antenna from Sirio Gain-Master

Well look at this. In his first post he made what could be considered an accurate comparison between two antennas that enabled him to determine which one was better. No need to argue meter accuracy, switch box isolation or interaction from the previous installed antenna. Even with your eyes closed he can hear the difference in the distant stations. This is all consistent with the advertised gain.

Refreshing, isn't it!

I do wonder if that's on AM, FM or SSB, and if any other changes were applied, height, grounding, coax/connectors, age & tuning of of Imax, etc.

2 S-units is a considerable increase, and a full 1 S-unit more than I saw when switching from my I2K to the SGM.

I'd venture an inspired guess that he's definitely one happy camper.

Nevermind, you are the king of knowledge, I am just a lowly peon, you win.

I bow to your obvious intellectual superiority
moon.gif

MackMobile tried to warn you ahead of time. But I do ask again how does a single monopole with 1 piece of coax feeding it become effected by phasing ? Evidently you and all the other guys phased your run's of coax to get the results you did perhaps you can share how you did that with Marconi?

MackMobile tried to warn you ahead of time. But I do ask again how does a single monopole with 1 piece of coax feeding it become effected by phasing ? Evidently you and all the other guys phased your run's of coax to get the results you did perhaps you can share how you did that with Marconi?

Oops, my apologies, I must have accidentally clicked on the wrong smiley.
awe.gif

You can't even begin to understand my post so I won't frustrate myself further.

Well look at this. In his first post he made what could be considered an accurate comparison between two antennas that enabled him to determine which one was better. No need to argue meter accuracy, switch box isolation or interaction from the previous installed antenna. Even with your eyes closed he can hear the difference in the distant stations. This is all consistent with the advertised gain.

Yes it is amazing isn't it I have said this is how the test should have been from day one. But you have to admit guys searching for that elusive 1-2 S units when comparing signals with different radios as highly inaccurate. You also have to admit using coax switch boxes that have a chance of coupling as highly inaccurate. You do agree testing on SSB with a S Meter isn't very accurate, voice deflections alone make that test null and void. You also must admit testing antenna with different runs of coax and mast height as highly inaccurate. Trying to get the same results as what other have and theorizing phasing errors is inaccurate. Tell me something i said that wasnt true? I dont own a Gain Master and could give 3 flying Monkeys if it works. But if people wanna compare results and have the world google inaccurate test results like they are gospel by all means carry on.

Oops, my apologies, I must have accidentally clicked on the wrong smiley.
awe.gif

You can't even begin to understand my post so I won't frustrate myself further.

Thats funny I have seen more people say they disagree with your statements than mine, wonder why? So can you provide the answer or will you keep pulling a Fred Astaire and dance around it?

Refreshing, isn't it!

2 S-units is a considerable increase, and a full 1 S-unit more than I saw when switching from my I2K to the SGM.

LOL you only saw 2, I saw 5 S Unit's difference but hey maybe my meters loose. Heres a good one i have a Vector plugged into a TRC30A Brand New out of the box last week. I have a Starduster hooked to a SBE Console V with both radios on at same time same Bat Channel, I get more signal on meter from the Starduster on the Console V meter, does that mean the Starduster is working better?

Thats funny I have seen more people say they disagree with your statements than mine, wonder why? So can you provide the answer or will you keep pulling a Fred Astaire and dance around it?
You sure like others to do your work for you. Rather than doing your own research and finding that evidently elusive concept for yourself you seem to want it done for you.

Go get yourself a good ARRL handbook and get your learn on.

LOL you only saw 2, I saw 5 S Unit's difference but hey maybe my meters loose. Heres a good one i have a Vector plugged into a TRC30A Brand New out of the box last week. I have a Starduster hooked to a SBE Console V with both radios on at same time same Bat Channel, I get more signal on meter from the Starduster on the Console V meter, does that mean the Starduster is working better?

I think what's loose is not too far behind the eyes seeing that 5 S-units.

Now disengaging from this time waster.

Have at it, all yours.

You sure like others to do your work for you. Rather than doing your own research and finding that evidently elusive concept for yourself you seem to want it done for you.

Go get yourself a good ARRL handbook and get your learn on.

I think what's loose is not too far behind the eyes seeing that 5 S-units.

Now disengaging from this time waster.

Have at it, all yours.

You made the statement now do you care to post your proof? It is pretty simple it isn't up to me to prove you wrong it is up to you to prove what you say is right. That's how it usually works but after reading 55 pages of this thread there isn't anything that seems to be done with any consistency so far.

Refreshing, isn't it!

I do wonder if that's on AM, FM or SSB, and if any other changes were applied, height, grounding, coax/connectors, age & tuning of of Imax, etc.

I'd venture an inspired guess that he's definitely one happy camper.

Since I rarely use SSB, more of a ole' timey rag chewer on a local channel my comparison was made on AM mode using a stock Galaxy 2457, "75 LMR-400 coax with absolutely nothing in line between the radio and antenna.

I simply unbolted my IMAX from the 10' mast I have on a eave mount bracket and bolted on the Sirio. SWR was flat on both antennas and the antenna is aroound thirty five-forty feet off the ground.

The only reason I swapped antennas was I was a little concerned about the IMAX despite being only about a year old. It always seemed top heavy to me every time a good breeze would pass by the antenna would figuratively twist like a pretzel. I wasn't confident that it would hold up, fine antenna otherwise and I'll store it in the garage as a backup.

My two cents for whatever it's worth. The Sirio by comparison after assembly seems rock solid and very well made and I've had more than a half a dozen base antennas over the years from the original Shakespeare Big Stick, Starduster, Super Scanner, PDL Quad-II and Maco's 4 element.

Finally got notice from H&Y that they have sent my Gain Master. Boy I am sure glad I purchased it when it was $130.00! Can hardly wait to get a base station set up!

just dug out

well finally dug out of the snow from the blizzard we had and got caught up with the thread. :pop:

as for the log in thing, i had that problem and then selected the remember me button on the login screen and that took care of it.

i don't think there is any reason for the name calling lucky it didn't get too bad, i enjoy the round table discussion...gives us older folks something to do and look forward to it.(y) For those that can't handle it just don't read it, other things to read and do here.

Well off to get more popcorn!

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a Gain Master.
I wanted to give it a try.
I like the idea of no radials, reason being the damned crows
around here break radials down as fast as you can fix them.:headbang

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1